TY-External account request
- TY-uudistus 2022
- TY-Pikaopas opettajalle
- Uusi kurssialue
- Kurssielueen käyttö ja määrityksiä
- TY-Readspeaker lukijan käyttö
- TY-Videotallenteen julkaisu ja jakaminen Echosta Moodleen
- TY-Luo Zoom-aktiviteetti Moodle-alueelle
- TY-Kielivalinnat / Language choices
- Kurssialueen kierrätys ja poisto
- In English
- TY-External account request
- TY-New Course request
- TY-Turnitin Plagiarism check service
Requesting the External accounts
If a student or visiting teacher has no account, including a Haka login from a different high school or university to use to log into Moodle, it is possible to request a new external account (Moodle local account) for the user. This account works only in Moodle.
Notice before requesting an account
- A Haka login can be used to log into Moodle. To check if the user has a Haka account, you may need to ask the name of the organisation where they study or work. Open a new browser window in a browser where you are not currently logged into Moodle (such as a different browser than the one you usually use, or a private window). Open Moodle, and select Haka Login. You should see a list of organisations that use Haka. If the new user's organisation is listed, they can use Haka to login, and they will not need an external account.
- Will the user have a UTU account in the near future?
- If the user has applied or is applying for study rights, or has already requested or will be requesting a UTU account it is strongly recommended not to request a new external Moodle account for them. If the user already has an external account, and later logs in with a UTU account, a second account will be created for the user. These accounts are separate from each other, like email accounts. Actions done with one account will not connect with the other account, which may be confusing to students and teachers.
- If the student has already used both accounts, or several accounts (external account, UTU, and Haka), and we can confirm that the user is the same in each account, we can combine all of them into one account. Notice! If accounts are combined in this way, all grading data may not be visible directly in Course grading, even if they are visible in the activities that are already graded.
- Teachers will not have this issue, but using several separate accounts to post to a course forum may cause confusion in students.
- If you need to request several accounts at once, please contact email@example.com in advance before requesting them if you are not already familiar with using an Excel or CSV file, as described below.
The form to request External Accounts
Instructions to fill the form
- Add each user on their own row. Add rows by clicking the Add row text / "plus" (+) button.
- For each user, enter the first name, surname, e-mail address, language, country, the Course ID and Reason for the request, where you should describe why the account is needed. Bold fields are mandatory. County and language codes are at the end of this page. Finnish language code is fi and Finland county code is FI.
- The Course ID can be found in the web address of the course's main page
- Check and correct the form fields in the following way:
- An e-mail address must not include space or any special characters, like !#¤%&/, or national phonetic characters like åäöéëúñü. The exceptions are "@" and "+" and dot.
- If you are adding a Course ID, make sure the course exists. Double check it before saving the form, so as not to add students to the wrong course. The Course ID is the number on the www address line after the text moodle.utu.fi/course/view.php?=. Make sure the Course ID is correct and students are not registered to the wrong course.
Moodle support will accept the requests. During the vacation season, if the request takes too long, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The e-mail will be sent to the requested person's e-mail address.
The form to request External Accounts
Request several accounts at once with the Excel form
You can add an Excel file to the request by selecting the file using Choose file. This button can be found below the text "Add users from Excel file". Create the file first with your computer's Excel, and then upload it to Moodle's request form.
Notice! The Excel file must be in new (latest) file format *.xlsx (not in old Excel 97-2003 format *.xls).
- The mandatory fields are the same as in the Moodle form.
- If you are adding a Course ID to add the requested user to the course, make sure the course exists. Double check it before saving the form, so as not to add students to the wrong course. The Course ID is the number on the www address line after the text moodle.utu.fi/course/view.php?=.
- If you are adding a Course ID, you must also add the 'languageCode' and 'countryCode'. Match the language code to the student's preferred language (if not known, the best options are EN and FI). Language and country codes are listed at the end of this page.
- When the file is ready to send Moodle, open form page, click Choose file, browse it from your computer and select it. When you can see the selected file on the form page, click Upload this file.
- If there are any errors on the form fields, check and correct them before trying again. Check the following:
- An e-mail address must not include space or any special characters, like !#¤%&/, or national phonetic characters like åäöéëúñü. The exceptions are @ and + and dot.
- If you are adding a Course ID, make sure the course exists. Double check it before saving the form, so as not to add students to the wrong course. The Course ID is the number on the www address line after the text moodle.utu.fi/course/view.php?=.
- Notice! If the e-mail matches an already existing account, the line will not be added to the request.
- Upload the corrected file again
Please add the all people / account info to the own lines (like in example below). First column is person's first name, second column surname and third column the e-mail address etc. Next columns languageCode and countyCode (like in example below) can be found at the end of this page. E.g. Moodle defaults: Finnish languageCode is fi and Finland countyCode is FI.
You can edit the form before sending it.
Do not use title line in Excel row 1. Start filling the Excel from the cell A1. Here is an example of the file and A1 is "Mikko".
|Wayne||Rooneyemail@example.com||en||GB||13463||Want to use Moodle in course|
|Bruno||Alvesfirstname.lastname@example.org||pt||PT||86571||Participate to the course|
|Mario||Gomezemail@example.com||de||DE||Live in home country and need access Moodle course|
Possible issues and solutions
The error (message in red text in Finnish): "Käyttäjällä on jo käyttäjätunnus!" (User has already an account) if there is already the e-mail address registered for any user on Moodle. If there is also other accounts (lines) on the request form where is similar error, remove all error lines. If there is needed to change the e-mail address for the requested user, please be in contact with support (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The error: "Bad Email format". Allowed characters are only 0-9, a-z, "+", ”@” ja ”.” . At the end part (after @ there is allowed only few dots and after last dot only 2-4 characters (domain country). e.g. ”.fi” (Finland) – 2 characters. If you get this error, check and double check the correct e-mail address from the mail you have got the person who is in need of this account.
The error: "No this course id in Moodle!" When this is loaded to the external account form, Moodle check if the course ID exist. If course is not in Moodle, you will get this error. Check the course ID again.
When external account are accepted and in the request was the course ID but the requested students / teachers are not in the course, please recheck the course ID. It is possible that course ID was to the wrong course and they are participants on that course instead of the correct course. In this case please be in contact with email@example.com if you are not the teacher also in this wrong course to remove them from there and add to the correct course.
|es_es||Español - España|
|es||Español - Internacional|
|pt||Português - Portugal|
|AE||United Arab Emirates|
|AG||Antigua and Barbuda|
|BA||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|BO||Bolivia (Plurinational State of)|
|BQ||Bonaire, Sint Eustatius And Saba|
|CC||Cocos (Keeling) Islands|
|CD||Congo (the Democratic Republic of the)|
|CF||Central African Republic|
|FK||Falkland Islands (Malvinas)|
|FM||Micronesia (Federated States of)|
|GS||South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands|
|HM||Heard Island and McDonald Islands|
|IM||Isle of Man|
|IO||British Indian Ocean Territory|
|IR||Iran (Islamic Republic of)|
|KN||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|KP||Korea (the Democratic People's Republic of)|
|KR||Korea (the Republic of)|
|LA||Lao People's Democratic Republic|
|MD||Moldova (the Republic of)|
|MF||Saint Martin (French part)|
|MP||Northern Mariana Islands|
|PG||Papua New Guinea|
|PM||Saint Pierre and Miquelon|
|PS||Palestine, State of|
|SH||Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha|
|SJ||Svalbard and Jan Mayen|
|ST||Sao Tome and Principe|
|SX||Sint Maarten (Dutch Part)|
|SY||Syrian Arab Republic|
|TC||Turks and Caicos Islands|
|TF||French Southern Territories|
|TT||Trinidad and Tobago|
|TZ||Tanzania, the United Republic of|
|UM||United States Minor Outlying Islands|
|VC||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|
|VE||Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)|
|VG||Virgin Islands (British)|
|VI||Virgin Islands (U.S.)|
|WF||Wallis and Futuna|
In any issues you may contact the support from this link: firstname.lastname@example.org