Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Settings.
Settings is a term that is used in many places in Moodle. The purpose of this page is to direct the reader to some of those places with links. Often setting information can be found as a section in a page, which can be hard to find for a new user.
The most common use of "settings" refers to a page that controls the characteristics of a Moodle feature. For example, there is a settings screen for each course that will determine if the student/teacher will see course sections as topics or weeks. The lesson setting page has a box that will hide or show that specific lesson to the student. In fact, every activity that can be put in a course has a different settings page/screen.
In Moodle 2.0 many of these are located in the Settings block that appears on many pages.
- Overall course settings are described in Course settings
- Assignment settings are described in Adding/editing an assignment
- Chat settings are described in Adding/editing a chat
- Choice settings are described in Adding/editing a choice
- Database settings for an activity in a course are described here Adding/editing a database
- Forum settings are described in Adding/editing a forum
- Glossary settings are described in Adding/editing a glossary
- LAMS has very little documentation in LAMS module
- Lesson settings are described in Adding/editing a lesson
- Quiz settings are described in Adding/editing a quiz
- SCORM/AICC settings are mentioned in Adding/editing a SCORM
- Survey settings are mentioned in Survey_module
- Wiki settings are described in Adding/editing a wiki
- Workshop settings are mentioned in Workshop module
Individual user profiles settings can be found here: Edit profile