Moodle Mobile FAQ
Nota: Esta es una traducción de una página de la documentación en idioma Inglés (Docs), que se considera particularmente importante, y que en su versión original se actualiza frecuentemente. Por ello, se le recomienda que revise la página original en idioma inglés: Mobile Moodle FAQ.
Nota: Pendiente de Traducir. ¡Anímese a traducir esta página!. ( y otras páginas pendientes)
|Existe documentación diferente para varias versiones de Moodle: Esta documentación es para Moodle 3.1 y más recientes, pero existe una página entigua en 30/Moodle Mobile FAQ|
- 1 Students
- 1.1 How can I get the Moodle Mobile app?
- 1.2 I can't get the app to work. What do I do?
- 1.3 What permissions does the app require?
- 1.4 I can't see my course on the app. What do I do?
- 1.5 Why can't I upload my assignment on the app?
- 1.6 Why can't I sometimes access the app or submit anything to it?
- 1.7 Is there a space limit on my files?
- 1.8 Who should I contact for help with the app?
- 1.9 When are activities completed offline synchronized?
- 2 Teachers
- 2.1 How can I enable videos in my course to be downloaded?
- 2.2 Video subtitles are not working
- 2.3 Which course format is it best to use?
- 2.4 How do I make YouTube links open automatically in the app?
- 2.5 Why can't my students see their courses?
- 2.6 I can't mark assignments in the app?
- 2.7 What communications tools can I use in the app to engage with my learners?
- 2.8 My protected Vimeo videos are not playing in the app
- 2.9 ReCaptcha doesn't work on my site
- 2.10 I use a Moodle plugin but the app says it is not supported
- 2.11 I have problems playing SCORM packages
- 2.12 My quizzess or lessons are not working offline
- 3 Administrators
- 3.1 I can connect with my iPhone but not with my Android phone
- 3.2 I can't get the app to work. What can I do?
- 3.3 I cannot access with old users, but I can with recently created ones!
- 3.4 I can't view the courses tab as an administrator
- 3.5 My Moodle site uses a SSO auth method (Shibboleth, CAS, Google OAuth, etc) and the app is not working
- 3.6 SSO is not working with my custom auth plugin
- 3.7 I am having problems requesting an airnotifier access key
- 3.8 Error messages
- 3.8.1 'Can not find data record in database table external_functions'
- 3.8.2 'Cannot connect: Verify that you have typed correctly the URL and that your site uses Moodle 2.4 or later'
- 3.8.3 'We lost connection; you need to reconnect. Your token is now invalid.' on my custom version of Moodle Mobile
- 3.8.4 'No permission to create web service token for the service local_mobile' when attempting to log in as an admin
- 3.8.5 'Invalid response value detected' when accessing the site
- 3.8.6 'A required parameter (username) was missing'
- 3.9 I think I found a bug with the app. Where can I report it?
- 4 Any further questions?
How can I get the Moodle Mobile app?
The Moodle Mobile app is available for free from Google Play and the Apple Store. See Moodle Mobile downloads for links. You can also install the app directly from your mobile device by searching for 'Moodle Mobile' with author/owner 'Moodle Pty Ltd'.
I can't get the app to work. What do I do?
The Moodle Mobile app will ONLY work with Moodle sites that have been set up to allow it. Please talk to your Moodle administrator if you have any problems connecting.
What permissions does the app require?
The app requires the following permissions:
- Record audio - for uploading to your Moodle site
- Read and modify the contents of your SD card - for content to be downloaded to your SD Card for offline access.
- Network access - to be able to connect with your Moodle site and check if you are connected, and if not to switch to offline mode.
- Run at startup - to receive local notifications even when the app is running in the background.
- Prevent phone from sleeping - to receive push notifications anytime.
I can't see my course on the app. What do I do?
Check with your course tutor that you are correctly enrolled.
Why can't I upload my assignment on the app?
Check with your Moodle site administrator.
Why can't I sometimes access the app or submit anything to it?
This could be because of interruptions in your internet connection. Wait a while and try again. If you continue to have problems, contact your Moodle site administrator.
Is there a space limit on my files?
Assignments will have a size limit which you can see. For other space limit questions, check with your Moodle site administrator.
Who should I contact for help with the app?
Your Moodle site administrator can assist you in getting the app to work correctly.
When are activities completed offline synchronized?
How can I enable videos in my course to be downloaded?
See the section 'Media download for offline usage' in Crear cursos amistosos para Moodle Mobile.
Video subtitles are not working
This may happen in old Android versions (Android < 4.4), in modern Android and iOS versions they should work fine.
Which course format is it best to use?
Topics or weekly course format is best suited to mobile devices.
Add YouTube links as a Recurso URL.
Why can't my students see their courses?
If you or an administrator have correctly enrolled them in a course, they can see it in their mobile app. If they are correctly enrolled but can still not see their course, ask them to check with your Moodle site administrator.
I can't mark assignments in the app?
Grading assignments is on the roadmap and will be available shortly.
What communications tools can I use in the app to engage with my learners?
See Mobile app notifications. Chat, forums and messaging are all supported by the app.
My protected Vimeo videos are not playing in the app
See this forum discussion with a workaround: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=327342
ReCaptcha doesn't work on my site
You need to enable this admin setting "Allow frame embedding" (allowframembedding admin setting).
I use a Moodle plugin but the app says it is not supported
You should contact the plugin developer and point him to this documentation: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_Mobile_Remote_addons where it is explained how to add support to plugins in the Mobile app.
There is a list of Moodle plugins supported by the app here: https://moodle.org/plugins/browse.php?list=award&id=6
I have problems playing SCORM packages
Please refer to Moodle Mobile SCORM player.
My quizzess or lessons are not working offline
You need to edit the quiz or lesson activity settings and enable the "Allow lesson/quiz to be attempted offline using the mobile app" configuration option.
I can connect with my iPhone but not with my Android phone
This usually happens when the site is using https and the certificate is not correctly configured or it is using and old protocol, please use these pages to check this certificate: https://www.geocerts.com/ssl_checker and https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html
I can't get the app to work. What can I do?
Assuming you have enabled mobile services on your site, please check:
- If your site uses an SSL certificate, it must be a trusted certificate, not self-signed. Please use these tools or a similar one to check that your certificate is fine: SSL Checker and SSL Server Test. All the checks must be ok, including the "Certificate Chain Complete". Otherwise the app might work on iOS but not on Android.
- Depuración is disabled (in Site administration > Development > Debugging)
- The ADOdb debug option is disabled if you are using the external database auth or enrolment plugin (in Plugins > Authentication > External database and in Plugins > Enrolment > External database).
- SHA-1 https certificates are not supported anymore in Chrome, this means that the Android version of the app won't work for your site. If your site doesn't work in desktop Chrome or Chromium it won't work in the Android app. See https://blog.chromium.org/2014/09/gradually-sunsetting-sha-1.html for more information
- If you are using IIS check that Anonymous access is not disabled for the /webservice directory.
If you still have a problem, please post in the Moodle for mobile forum.
I cannot access with old users, but I can with recently created ones!
Please, do a "Purge all caches" via the Moodle administration settings, this will solve the problem.
I can't view the courses tab as an administrator
The Moodle Mobile app only displays courses you are enrolled in. If you want to view a course as an admin, you need to enrol in it.
My Moodle site uses a SSO auth method (Shibboleth, CAS, Google OAuth, etc) and the app is not working
You must install the Características adicionales de Moodle Mobile plugin. Please, follow all the configuration steps one by one and double check that everything is set-up correctly.
If once installed and configure the app is still not connecting: If your site uses an SSL certificate, it must be a trusted certificate, not self-signed. Please use this tool or a similar one to check that your certificate is fine: SSL Checker. All the checks must be ok, including the "Certificate Chain Complete".
SSO is not working with my custom auth plugin
SSO should work in any plugin if the plugin handles correctly the $SESSION->wantsurl, this is the way SSO works when it is launched via the app:
- It launchs this URL https://yourmoodle/local/mobile/launch.php?service=local_mobile&passport=abc in the device browser (Moodle 3.2 onwards the URL is /tool/mobile instead local/mobile)
- If the user is not logged in, the browser will redirect the user to the login page
- If the auth plugin used implements correctly the handling of the wantsurl session var, once the user has logged in, the browser should redirect back to the https://yourmoodle/local/mobile/launch.php?service=local_mobile&passport=abc URL that will launch the mobile app via the custom URL protocol
Custom auth plugins may be failing in the last step,not redirecting back to local/mobile, this will happen only if the plugin does not support correctly the $SESSION->wantsurl.
The SAML plugin works correctly but some modifications of that plugin may not work if important lines are changed.
I am having problems requesting an airnotifier access key
If you have registered your site but are still unable to request an access key, please fill in the Airnotifier access key manual request form. (If your site is hosted so you can't obtain your siteidentifier, enter "cannot obtain" in the field.) Your site registration will be checked and you will be sent an access key in a few days if everything is correct.
'Can not find data record in database table external_functions'
This error usually happens due to a bad configuration or setting value in your Moodle site, please check:
- The user quota global setting should be an integer. For more details, see the discussion How to enable Moodle Mobile App for all accounts.
- The user "lang" field in the database is set to a correct value and existing language installed in the site. Some times the lang field is set via external systems to incorrect values. Please, note that to fix this you need direct access to the database and your 'user' table.
'Cannot connect: Verify that you have typed correctly the URL and that your site uses Moodle 2.4 or later'
- Mobile services are enabled for the site.
- The user is entering the correct URL for the site (see FAQ above)
- For https sites, the certificate is valid (see FAQ above)
'We lost connection; you need to reconnect. Your token is now invalid.' on my custom version of Moodle Mobile
- You have followed all the steps listed in Moodle Mobile Developing a plugin tutorial
- You have enabled the moodle/webservice:createtoken capability for the authenticated user
'No permission to create web service token for the service local_mobile' when attempting to log in as an admin
You need to create a token for the admin account (only) as follows:
- Go to Site administration > Plugins > Web services > Manage tokens
- Click Add
- Enter the admin username and select 'Moodle Mobile additional features service' (i.e. do NOT leave it as 'Moodle Mobile web service')
- Click the 'Save changes' button.
'Invalid response value detected' when accessing the site
The user quota global setting should be an integer. For more details, see the discussion How to enable Moodle Mobile App for all accounts.
'A required parameter (username) was missing'
This may happen if your site implements HTTP redirects; the request is redirected by the browser not passing the POST parameters.
I think I found a bug with the app. Where can I report it?
- Log in to the Moodle Mobile tracker (you'll need to create a tracker account if you've not done so previously)
- Check whether the issue has already been reported by doing a search
- If not, report the bug by clicking the 'Create Issue' link at the top right of the page, selecting 'Moodle Mobile' as the project
- Add a detailed description, then click the Create button
- Attach the following files to the issue by selecting 'Attach Files' in the 'More actions' dropdown menu:
- 'Device information' - this can be found in the app (Settings -> Development -> Device info, you can send yourself this information by email using the email button at the bottom)
- App Log (Settings -> Development -> Show Log, again you can send yourself this information by email)
Any further questions?
Please post in the Moodle for mobile forum on moodle.org.