Quiz Usability portal
This is a portal for gathering all the documents related to the usability of the Quiz module. The module is closely related to the Question Bank, so many subjects here are connected to the Question Bank and its categories, as well.
When developing the usability of a single module, it must also be ensured that consistency with the rest of Moodle is maintained: if Moodle develops in terms of usability, such development must be reflected in Quiz, and vice versa. Also the development of general UI guidelines of Moodle is important and closely related to a single module's efforts.
A starting point for getting usability on scope in an open-source project in general: The #1 Problem in OSS Usability and What I’m Going to Do About It
Quiz usability documentation
Usage manuals for users
Scenarios: who is the user?
What are the user's goals? How does the user use quizzes to reach his/her goals? In what circumstances?
- Scenarios work conclusions 2008 (executive summary)
- The idea and the content of the scenarios interviews I did
This documentation continues to be actively under development, see: Scenarios index
Usability testing in August 2008
- Executive summary
- Test setting and tasks / background
- Issues found
- Direct reactions to usability testing: List of solutions
- Quiz UI redesign / usability testing of August 2008 / Executive summary
- Quiz UI redesign / related issues in usability testing of August 2008
- Quiz UI redesign / Direct reactions to usability testing: List of solutions
Everything here is meant to raise discussion about the various issues we still have to deal with.
- Presenting the choices to user Enabling an attempted quiz for editing
- Different paginating features in quiz