Mobile app Push Notifications
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.7. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Mobile app Push Notifications.
Starting from versions 1.4 (iOS, iPhone, iPad) and 1.4.3 (Android) Moodle Mobile supports push notifications:
1. Install the Mobile notifications plugin in 2.4*, 2.5* or 2.6 (or simply enable it in 2.7**);
2. Connect it to a messaging server, you can use ours in case your Moodle site is registered. Go to Site administration > Plugins > Message outputs > Mobile Notifications and click in Request access key;
3. Users need to connect at least once with the latest version of the app to register their phones with your site;
4. Users can configure notifications in the Moodle messaging preferences (Administration > My profile settings > Messaging).
* For Moodle versions 2.4 and 2.5 the Moodle Mobile additional features must be also installed.
** Only for Moodle different from 2.7 and onwards: If you upgrade your Moodle installation, you will have to reinstall the plugin since it adds a couple of functions to the core Moodle Mobile service. See https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDLSITE-2815?focusedCommentId=273741&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-273741 for more information.
Installing your own Notifications infrastructure
If you have a customized version of the Mobile app, or you want to use your own Notifications infrastructure then you have to install a private AirNotifier (backend server for notifications).
You have to add your app certificates there, see https://github.com/airnotifier/airnotifier/wiki/Installation.
The message AirNotifier plugin allow you to point to your custom AirNotifier instance using your own access keys.
Remember to install using GIT (branch moodle).