Moodle Mobile FAQ
- 1 How can I contribute to Moodle Mobile?
- 2 Everything seems to be correctly configured but I see this error: Cannot connect: Verify that your have typed correctly the URL and that your site uses Moodle 2.4 or later
- 3 The app starts but it says it cannot connect to any site I try
- 4 I get a blank page in Chrome/Chromium when launching the app in Windows
- 5 Some features like IMSCP, resource mini sites, local notifications are not working in the browser
- 6 Is the app a replacement of the MyMobile theme?
- 7 What is the difference between a native app and a Mobile specific theme or responsive theme?
How can I contribute to Moodle Mobile?
You can help with any issue marked with the tag contribfriendly: https://tracker.moodle.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MOBILE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20contribfriendly
If you want to help with another issue, please let us know first via the tracker (a comment in the issue itself).
Everything seems to be correctly configured but I see this error: Cannot connect: Verify that your have typed correctly the URL and that your site uses Moodle 2.4 or later
- Ensure that debugging is disabled in your site: Administration > Development > Debugging
- Check that the ADOdb option is disabled if you are using the external database auth or enrolment plugin. (In Plugins > Authentication > External database and in Plugins > Enrolment > External database).
- If your site uses an SSL certificate, it must be a trusted certificate, not self-signed. Please use this tool or a similar one to check that your certificate is fine: SSL Checker. All the checks must be ok, including the "Certificate Chain Complete". Otherwise the app might work on iOS but not on Android.
The app starts but it says it cannot connect to any site I try
This is because you need to use a different browser with special flags enabled so cross domains XHR requests are allowed.
In sort, you need to download Chromium from https://download-chromium.appspot.com/ and open it with this command:
chromium --allow-file-access-from-files --disable-web-security
For additional information please, read: Moodle Mobile development using Chrome or Chromium
I get a blank page in Chrome/Chromium when launching the app in Windows
- Ensure that you have downloaded the latest master version from github (git checkout master; git pull master; git checkout mybranch; git rebase master)
- Ensure that gulp-slash is installed: npm install gulp-slash
- Run gulp again
Some features like IMSCP, resource mini sites, local notifications are not working in the browser
Some features must be tested directly in a mobile device via ionic run android or ionic run ios.
It will require you to install the platform specific SDK or development tools, follow your platform guide here: http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/edge/guide_platforms_index.md.html#Platform%20Guides