Moodle is an active and evolving product. This page lists just some of the many features it contains:
- Pospješuje konstrukcionizma socijalne pedagogije (suradnja, aktivnosti, kritičko promišljanje, itd.)
- Pogodno za 100% online nastavu kao dopuna face-to-face learning-u (učenje licem u lice)
- Jednostavan, lagan, učinkovit, kompatibilan, low-tech preglednik sučelje
- Jednostavna instalacija na gotovo bilo kojoj platformi koja podržava PHP. Zahtijeva samo jednu bazu podataka
(a mogu ga dijeliti).
- Baze podataka podržavaju sve glavne brendove baza podataka
- Lista tečaja prikazuje opise za svaki tečaj na poslužitelju, uključujući i pristup gostima.
- Tečajevi bi se mogli okarakterizirati i pretražiti - jedna Moodle stranica može podržati tisuće tečajeva
- Naglasak na sigurnosti je jak. Obrasci su svi provjereni, podaci validated, cookies šifriran itd.
- Većina unosa tekstualnog područja (resursi, forum postings itd.) mogu se uređivati pomoću ugrađenih
WYSIWYG HTML editora
- Site is managed by an admin user, defined during setup
- Plug-in "themes" allow the admin to customise the site colours, fonts, layout etc to suit local needs
- Plug-in activity modules can be added to existing Moodle installations
- Plug-in language packs allow full localisation to any language. These can be edited using a built-in web-based editor. Currently there are language packs for over 70 languages.
- The code is clearly-written PHP under a GPL license - easy to modify to suit your needs
Upravljanje korisničkim računima
- Goals are to reduce admin involvement to a minimum, while retaining high security
- Supports a range of authentication mechanisms through plug-in authentication modules, allowing easy integration with existing systems.
- Standard email method: students can create their own login accounts. Email addresses are verified by confirmation.
- LDAP method: account logins can be checked against an LDAP server. Admin can specify which fields to use.
- IMAP, POP3, NNTP: account logins are checked against a mail or news server. SSL, certificates and TLS are supported.
- External database: any database containing at least two fields can be used as an external authentication source.
- Each person requires only one account for the whole server - each account can have different access
- An admin account controls the creation of courses and creates teachers by assigning users to courses
- A course creator account is only allowed to create courses and teach in them
- Teachers may have editing privileges removed so that they can't modify the course (e.g. for part-time tutors)
- Security - teachers can add an "enrolment key" to their courses to keep out non-students. They can give out this key face-to-face or via personal email etc
- Teachers can enrol students manually if desired
- Teachers can unenrol students manually if desired, otherwise they are automatically unenrolled after a certain period of inactivity (set by the admin)
- Students are encouraged to build an online profile including photos, description. Email addresses can be protected from display if required.
- Every user can specify their own timezone, and every date in Moodle is translated to that timezone (e.g. posting dates, assignment due dates etc)
- Every user can choose the language used for the Moodle interface (English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese etc)
- A full teacher has full control over all settings for a course, including restricting other teachers
- Choice of course formats such as by week, by topic or a discussion-focussed social format
- Flexible array of course activities - Forums, Quizzes, Glossaries, Resources, Choices, Surveys, Assignments, Chats, Workshops
- Recent changes to the course since the last login can be displayed on the course home page - helps give sense of community
- Most text entry areas (resources, forum postings etc) can be edited using an embedded WYSIWYG HTML editor
- All grades for Forums, Quizzes and Assignments can be viewed on one page (and downloaded as a spreadsheet file)
- Full user logging and tracking - activity reports for each student are available with graphs and details about each module (last access, number of times read) as well as a detailed "story" of each students involvement including postings etc on one page.
- Mail integration - copies of forum posts, teacher feedback etc can be mailed in HTML or plain text.
- Custom scales - teachers can define their own scales to be used for grading forums and assignments
- Courses can be packaged as a single zip file using the Backup function. These can be restored on any Moodle server.
- Assignments can be specified with a due date and a maximum grade.
- Students can upload their assignments (any file format) to the server - they are date-stamped.
- Late assignments are allowed, but the amount of lateness is shown clearly to the teacher
- For each particular assignment, the whole class can be assessed (grade and comment) on one page in one form.
- Teacher feedback is appended to the assignment page for each student, and notification is mailed out.
- The teacher can choose to allow resubmission of assignments after grading (for regrading)
- Allows smooth, synchronous text interaction
- Includes profile pictures in the chat window
- Supports URLs, smilies, embedded HTML, images etc
- All sessions are logged for later viewing, and these can also be made available to students
- Like a poll. Can either be used to vote on something, or to get feedback from every student (eg research consent)
- Teacher sees intuitive table view of who chose what
- Students can optionally be allowed to see an up-to-date graph of results
- Different types of forums are available, such as teacher-only, course news, open-to-all, and one-thread-per-user.
- All postings have the authors photo attached.
- Discussions can be viewed nested, flat or threaded, oldest or newest first.
- Individual forums can be subscribed to by each person so that copies are forwarded via email, or the teacher can force subscription for all
- The teacher can choose not to allow replies (eg for an announcements-only forum)
- Discussion threads can be easily moved between forums by the teacher
- Attached images are shown inline
- If forum ratings are being used, these can be restricted to a range of dates
- Teachers can define a database of questions for re-use in different quizzes
- Questions can be stored in categories for easy access, and these categories can be "published" to make them accessible from any course on the site.
- Quizzes are automatically graded, and can be re-graded if questions are modified
- Quizzes can have a limited time window outside of which they are not available
- At the teacher's option, quizzes can be attempted multiple times, and can show feedback and/or correct answers
- Quiz questions and quiz answers can be shuffled (randomised) to reduce cheating
- Questions allow HTML and images
- Questions can be imported from external text files
- Quizzes can be attempted multiple times, if desired
- Attempts can be cumulative, if desired, and finished over several sessions
- Multiple-choice questions supporting single or multiple answers
- Short Answer questions (words or phrases)
- True-False questions
- Matching questions
- Random questions
- Numerical questions (with allowable ranges)
- Embedded-answer questions (cloze style) with answers within passages of text
- Embedded descriptive text and graphics
- Supports display of any electronic content, Word, Powerpoint, Flash, Video, Sounds etc. that are stored locally, or remotely
- Files can be uploaded and managed (zipped, unzipped, renamed, moved, etc..) on the server
- Folders can be created and managed on the server and linked to
- Internal web pages (html formatted) can be created with WYSIWYG editor and linked to
- Internal text pages (no formatting) can be created and linked to
- External content on the web can be linked to or seamlessly included within the course interface.
- External web applications can be linked to with data passed to them
- Linked MP3 audio files will display with elegant flash player
- Built-in surveys (COLLES, ATTLS) have been proven as instruments for analysing online classes
- Online survey reports always available, including many graphs. Data is downloadable as an Excel spreadsheet or CSV text file.
- Survey interface prevents partly-finished surveys.
- Feedback is provided to the student of their results compared to the class averages
- Allows peer assessement of documents, and the teacher can manage and grade the assessment.
- Supports a wide range of possible grading scales
- Teacher can provide sample documents for students to practice grading
- Very flexible with many options.