Nota: Pendiente de Traducir. ¡Anímese a traducir esta página!. ( y otras páginas pendientes)
- This allows a user to change the course category in the course settings, providing they have this capability in other categories. In other words, the Course category dropdown menu only shows categories for which the user has the 'Change course category' capability.
- This capability is allowed for the default roles of Manager, Course creator and Teacher.
How can I enable teachers to change the course category?
Normally the Teacher role is assigned in the course context i.e. you enrol a teacher in the course and give them the role of Teacher. To enable teachers to change the course category, you need to assign them a system role (or course category role) with the 'Change course category' capability allowed. This can be done by creating a custom role as follows:
- Go to Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles.
- Click the 'Add a new role' button and give it a name.
- Select System (or Category) as context where the role may be assigned.
- Search for the capability moodle/course:changecategory and set it to Allow.
- click the 'Create this role' button.
- Next, go to Site administration > Users > Permissions > Assign system roles.
- Assign your newly-created role to the required teachers.