Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.4. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Repositories.
Repositories in Moodle enable users to upload files, access previously uploaded files and to easily bring content into Moodle from external repositories, such as Flickr or Google Docs. Enabled repositories are available in the File picker.
Repositories enabled by default
- Upload a file - you use this for browsing for and uploading a file from your computer or USB.
- Server files - this give access to files elsewhere on Moodle according to your permissions.
- Recent files - the last 50 files you have uploaded, according to the context.
- Private files - your own personal storage area for files.
- Youtube videos - search for and display Youtube videos
- URL downloader - download files, images from a particular URL
- Wikimedia - search for and display media from Wikimedia
Additional repositories may be enabled by a site administrator
- Google Docs - bring files from your Google docs account
- Flickr public - search for and display images from Flickr
- Flickr - search for and display images from your personal Flickr account
- Picasa web album - search for and display images from your Picasa account
- Alfresco - link to or copy files from Alfresco into Moodle
- Amazon S3
- Box.net - bring files in from your Box.net account
- Dropbox - bring files in from Dropbox
- File system - access files uploaded to a folder on your server (by, eg FTP)
- Legacy course files - use the old system from 1.9 of "course files"
- Merlot.org - bring resources in from Merlot.org
- WebDAV -bring in files using webdav
- EQUELLA - link to files in an EQUELLA installation
- PoodLL repository - record audio or video directly into your Moodle HTML areas
Repositories in Moodle 2.0 video:
The media player is loading...
- Managing repositories
- Repositories FAQ
- Whitepaper – Moodle 2 Repositories by ghenrick
- Five Tips for Using the New File Repository System in Moodle by Marcelo Mendes
- dev:Repository plugins developer documentation