Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.2. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Enrolments.
Enrolment, or 'enrollment', is the process of assigning users to roles (usually student) in a course.
Moodle provides a number of ways of managing course enrolment, called enrolment plugins. Click the links below for further information.
- Manual enrolment - the administrator or course teacher adds users manually.
- Self enrolment - a user can choose to enrol him/herself into a course.
- Cohort sync - users are part of a Cohort which is added to the course.
- Course meta link - users enrolled in other courses are given automatic access
- Guest access - users can view course materials but not participate.
- Category enrolments - users are enrolled in all courses in a category
- External database - users are enrolled from a database such as Access, MySQL
- Flat file -users are enrolled with a csv file.
- IMS Enterprise - users are enrolled with this standard XML file format
- LDAP enrolment - users are authenticated and then enrolled through LDAP
- MNet remote enrolments - users are enrolled via a linked Moodle site
- PayPal - users purchase enrolment with Paypal.