Course meta link
The Course meta link plugin makes it possible for one course (traditionally known as a metacourse to bring in enrolments from other courses (traditionally known as "child courses".) More information about the use of Metacourses can be found on the Metacourse page. The Course meta link plugin needs to be enabled by the site admin in enrolment plugins and has to be enabled within the course.
- In a course, go to Settings > Course administration > Users > Enrolment methods.
- Click the dropdown menu under the enrolment methods and select course metalink:
- In the screen that comes up next, select from the dropdown box the course you wish to bring enrolments from and then click Add method:
- NOTE(1) A teacher in a course will only be able to choose from courses they are teachers in elsewhere.
- NOTE (2) To add more courses, add another instance of the course meta link.
- The users from the child course will now be enrolled in the current course - see the numbers in the screenshot below:
- When new users are enrolled to the child course, they will be automatically brought into the current metacourse.
- The Course meta link plugin may be enabled or disabled throughout the site in Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Manage enrol plugins.
- The page Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Course meta link contains options for defaults that admin can set. (It can be also be accessed by clicking the Settings link on on the course meta link section of Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Manage enrol plugins)
- When a course uses a course meta link to bring in enrolments from another ("child") course, the course roles of that other course are carried over ("synchronised"). Roles which are not normally synchronised are listed here and may be selected on this page to be included in the synchronisation process the next time cron runs.