Advanced forum search
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Advanced forum search.
To use the advanced search options press the Advanced search button or the search button without typing anything in the Search field. You will see a complete form that makes it easier to do advanced searches.
- These words can appear anywhere in the post works in the same way as the Search field: one or more words you type in here will be found in all the places in the post they appear.
- This exact phrase must appear in the post searches for an exact phrase in the post
- You should use These words should NOT be included if there are any particular words you don't want included in the search
- Posts must be newer / older than this narrows down the number of posts searching according to time limits.
- Choose which forums to search allows searching only in one forum
- These words should be in the subject narrows down the number of posts found to those containing a given word/phrase in the forum subject
- This name should match the author allows searching for the posts by one author
Firefox search plugins
You can get some of the functions described above by using Firefox search plugins for searching directly from the Firefox search bar.