PHPUnit installation in Windows
This step-by-step guide is intended for developers only, it cannot be used for production servers!
Before you start
If you see launch as administrator below it means that you need to work around User Account Controls restrictions. There are several ways to do that:
- Click Start button. Type 'cmd' and, instead of pressing Return, press Ctrl + Shift + Return. This should give you a popup prompt to confirm permissions, then run the command prompt as administrator.
- Install some file manager such as TotalCommander and launch it using right click + "Run as administrator". Then all programs started from the file manager have full administrative access.
- Open file Explorer and type "C:\windows\system32", then find cmd.exe and right click and select "Run as administrator".
- Start the Command Prompt as Administrator by clicking Start, All programs and Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt link and selecting "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.
- Temporarily turn off UAC.
It is possible to paste text into command line (cmd.exe) by right-clicking inside the terminal window selecting "Paste".
Install PHP 5.4
- Create a "C:\server\" directory.
- Download the latest thread safe PHP 5.4.x installer from http://windows.php.net/download/ (for example php-5.4.26-Win32-VC9-x86.zip)
- Extract the file into "C:\server\PHP\"
Install Apache 2.4
- Download VC10 SP1 vcredist_x86.exe from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328 and install it
- Download the Apache server from http://www.apachelounge.com/download/ (for example httpd-2.4.9-win32-VC11.zip)
- Unzip the archive to "C:\server\", this should create "C:\server\Apache2\" directory
Configure Apache and PHP
- Set up PATH ENVIRONMENT (System Properties | Advanced | Environment Variables | System variables | Path):
- Create a "C:\server\workspace" directory and make it read/write for everybody.
- Edit the "C:\server\Apache24\conf\httpd.conf" file so that it includes the following.
LoadModule php5_module "c:/server/PHP/php5apache2_4.dll" AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php
# configure the path to php.ini PHPIniDir "C:/server/PHP"
DocumentRoot "c:/server/workspace" <Directory "c:/server/workspace"> Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride All Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory>
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
- Copy "C:\server\PHP\php.ini-developer" to "C:\server\PHP\php.ini" and add
extension_dir = "C:\server\PHP\ext"
extension=php_curl.dll extension=php_gd2.dll extension=php_intl.dll extension=php_mbstring.dll extension=php_mysqli.dll extension=php_openssl.dll extension=php_soap.dll extension=php_pgsql.dll extension=php_xmlrpc.dll
date.timezone = "Europe/Prague"
- Register apache service
c:\server\Apache24\bin\httpd -k install
Verify Apache and PHP configuration
- Restart windows.
- Launch cmd.exe as a normal user.
- Verify prints version information, if not fix system PATH setting to include "C:\server\PHP".
- Right-click on My Computer
- Select Properties
- If you are using Windows Vista or beyond, click "Advanced system settings". Windows XP users can skip this step.
- On the Advanced tab, click "Environment Variables".
- Find the Path variable under "System variables" and edit it.
- Add your PHP directory path to this variable.
- Close all System property windows for this to take effect.
- Restart any cmd.exe terminals to start using the new Path value.
- Create "C:\server\workspace\index.php" file with the following content.
<?php echo phpinfo();
- Open http://127.0.0.1/ in you browser and verify all necessary extensions, including intl, are present in the list shown.
- Delete "C:\server\workspace\index.php".
- Download PostgreSQL from http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows (for example postgresql-9.3.4-1-windows.exe).
- Install PostgreSQL with some default locale using UTF-8 (skip the StackBuilder).
- Launch PgAdmin III - double click on "PostgreSQL 9.3 (localhost:5432)", right-click on "Databases (1)" and create new database called "moodle".
- Download MariaDB from https://downloads.mariadb.org (for example mariadb-5.5.36-win32.msi).
- Install MariaDB, use UTF-8 as default server's character set.
- Create moodle database.
Install Git and clone Moodle repository
- Download git from http://www.git-scm.com/downloads (for example Git-1.9.0-preview20140217.exe).
- Install git, use Checkout as-is, commit Unix-style line endings
- Start "Git bash" (icon on desktop) and clone Moodle using the following commands.
cd /C/server/workspace git clone git://github.com/moodle/moodle.git
- Close the bash window.
- Create a directory called "C:\server\moodledata", make it read/write for everybody.
- Create a directory called "C:\server\phpu_moodledata", make it read/write for everybody.
- Create a file "C:\server\workspace\moodle\config.php" with the following content:
<?php // Moodle configuration file unset($CFG); global $CFG; $CFG = new stdClass(); $CFG->dbtype = 'pgsql'; $CFG->dblibrary = 'native'; $CFG->dbhost = 'localhost'; $CFG->dbname = 'moodle'; $CFG->dbuser = 'postgres'; $CFG->dbpass = 'PUT POSTGRESQL PASSWORD HERE'; $CFG->prefix = 'mdl_'; $CFG->dboptions = array ( 'dbpersist' => 0, 'dbsocket' => '', ); /* // Uncomment to test MySQL compatibility. $CFG->dbtype = 'mysqli'; $CFG->dblibrary = 'native'; $CFG->dbhost = 'localhost'; $CFG->dbname = 'moodle'; $CFG->dbuser = 'root'; $CFG->dbpass = 'PUT MARIADB PASSWORD HERE'; $CFG->prefix = 'mdl_'; $CFG->dboptions = array ( 'dbpersist' => 0, 'dbsocket' => '', ); */ $CFG->wwwroot = 'http://127.0.0.1/moodle'; $CFG->dataroot = 'C:\\server\\moodledata'; $CFG->passwordsaltmain = 'some random rubbish goes here'; $CFG->debug = (E_ALL | E_STRICT); $CFG->debugdisplay = 1; $CFG->phpunit_prefix = 'phpu_'; $CFG->phpunit_dataroot = 'C:\\server\\phpu_moodledata'; require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/setup.php');
- Open browser and go to http://127.0.0.1/moodle and finish standard installation.
Install Composer dependency manager
- Download Composer-Setup.exe from http://getcomposer.org/download/ and install it
- Launch cmd.exe as normal user and run the following command:
cd C:\server\workspace\moodle composer install --dev
Initialise test environment
Launch cmd.exe as normal user and run the following command:
cd C:\server\workspace\moodle php admin\tool\phpunit\cli\init.php
Execute all tests
Launch cmd.exe as normal user and run the following command:
cd C:\server\workspace\moodle vendor\bin\phpunit