Moodle Mobile 3.2.0 release notes
This content of this page has been updated and migrated to the new Moodle Developer Resources. The information contained on the page should no longer be seen up-to-date.
Moodle Mobile release notes > Moodle Mobile 3.2.0 release notes
Release date: 12th December 2016
All new features and improvements require Moodle 3.2 except where indicated.
- Assignment: Teachers can grade submissions, even if they are offline, using numerical points, scales, outcomes and feedback comments. Advanced grading methods such as rubrics are not yet supported.
- Auto-login: Users are automatically logged in to the site in a browser when coming from the app.
- Grades: A new grades link in the side menu provides quick access to course grades.
- Sign-up: Users can create new accounts using email-based self-registration. CAPTCHA and custom profile fields are supported.
- Notifications: A new notifications preferences screen lets users decide how to be alerted.
- SSO support: Sites using SSO auth methods such as CAS or Shibboleth no longer require the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin.
- Profile picture: Users can easily update their profile picture by taking a photo or choosing one from the photo library. (Moodle 3.1 onward with the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin)
- Badges: Users can view their awarded badges in their profile. (Moodle 2.8 onward with the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin)
- Performance: Requests to the server have been greatly reduced, making the app faster and reducing data consumption. (Moodle 2.8 onward with the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin)
- When connecting to a new site, the site name and logo are displayed in the login screen.
- The ‘My courses’ screen has been redesigned to improve usability.
- Assignments with submission statements are now supported.
- Users can now change the password or complete missing fields in their profile when required.
- Pinned forum discussions are now displayed correctly.
- Discussion locking is supported.
- Single simple discussion forums no longer show the author of the first post.
- The size of the app bundle has been optimized, reducing it by 25%.
- Orphaned sections are not displayed any more.
Complete list of issues
- MOBILE-329 - Profile Picture could trigger a profile update page
- MOBILE-1504 - Display a new "My grades" option in the Mobile app
- MOBILE-1557 - Display the user badges in the user profile
- MOBILE-1618 - Configure the mobile notifications within the app
- MOBILE-1705 - Support remote addons in user custom fields
- MOBILE-1864 - Integrate the latests protractor test
- MOBILE-1888 - Test video players and the Atto option
- MOBILE-1894 - Phonegap build repository closed (change plugins)
- MOBILE-1897 - Backport new Web Services in 3.2 to local_mobile
- MOBILE-1851 - Add outcome support to grading assignment
- MOBILE-1852 - Add feedback support to grading assignment
- MOBILE-1853 - Add simple grading support to grading assignment
- MOBILE-1855 - Add prefetch and offline grading features for assignment
- MOBILE-1867 - Improve new assignments Look and feel
- MOBILE-1871 - Filter submissions need to be graded
- MOBILE-1878 - Add scale support on simple grading for assignments
- MOBILE-1879 - Exit without saving warning on assignment feedback page.
- MOBILE-1884 - Allow user to grade from web on advanced grading
- MOBILE-1598 - Enable users to sign up or register an account in the app
- MOBILE-1657 - Course actions under course are very tight
- MOBILE-1676 - Allow submitting assignments with submission statement
- MOBILE-1687 - Hide author of the forum post if forum_is_author_hidden() advises so
- MOBILE-1802 - Allow to install or move the app to an external storage system (SD)
- MOBILE-1806 - Auto-login support in the app
- MOBILE-1808 - The app new sites checking process should use tool_mobile_get_public_config when available
- MOBILE-1809 - Use gradereport_user_get_grade_items for quiz final grade calculation when available
- MOBILE-1813 - Allow the user to change the password or add the missing profile fields via the app - auto-login
- MOBILE-1840 - Add missing config.json available settings
- MOBILE-1848 - Add a new config.json property (forcedefaultlanguage)
- MOBILE-1860 - Retrieve the private token when log-in via browser/embed to SSO sites (tool/mobile/launch.php)
- MOBILE-1862 - Speed-up the my courses page options loading
- MOBILE-1863 - Support custom URL schemes in InAppBrowser
- MOBILE-1872 - Calculate course modules status in courses via core_course_check_updates
- MOBILE-1881 - Load first discussion instead of new discussion when accessing a forum in tablet
- MOBILE-1882 - Display pinned discussions
- MOBILE-1889 - Disable error reporting by default
- MOBILE-1904 - Do not display the keyboard when going to a conversation from the messages screen
- MOBILE-1905 - Replace the app icons for iOS
- MOBILE-1907 - Handle window.open inside iframe
- MOBILE-1911 - Update Ionic to version 1.3.2
- MOBILE-1913 - Add filtered message text on messaging
- MOBILE-1914 - Improvements in assignment grading
- MOBILE-1915 - Fix subtitles positioning
- MOBILE-1559 - core_course_view_course not working right in the app
- MOBILE-1749 - Hidden site home blocks are shown in the app
- MOBILE-1794 - on login, error message 'Cannot find data record in database table course' is displayed.
- MOBILE-1825 - Moodle App 3.1.2 stil shows orphan activities
- MOBILE-1838 - Redirect to another site fails if the current site has remote addons
- MOBILE-1839 - Can edit submission status is not using the correct field
- MOBILE-1844 - Re-apply "Pass parameters to login/token.php only in browser"
- MOBILE-1854 - Redirect to My Courses if Site Home is empty not working in Moodle 3.2
- MOBILE-1856 - Launch the assign viewed event in the app so completion is triggered
- MOBILE-1859 - Fix the bottom padding in iOS
- MOBILE-1868 - Error when editing online text of an submission created via "Add a new attempt based on previous submission"
- MOBILE-1876 - Fix the login typo and chage the Credentials by log in
- MOBILE-1880 - Addons in My Courses have a border top in Android
- MOBILE-1885 - Connect to Moodle help text is incorrect
- MOBILE-1887 - Links in error modals override the app
- MOBILE-1893 - remote addons using directives throw security warnings
- MOBILE-1895 - remote addon build process bundles unit test files into addon.js
- MOBILE-1896 - $mmaCourseCompletionHandlers isEnabledForUser and isEnabledForCourse are not working as expected
- MOBILE-1899 - Input text disappear when scrolling with keyboard open
- MOBILE-1906 - Detecting updates in a section isn't reflected in the list of sections
- MOBILE-1909 - Course handlers don't show spinner on PTR
- MOBILE-1916 - Italic text is not italic in quiz in the Mobile app