Moodle 2.5.1 release notes
Releases > Moodle 2.5.1 release notes
Release date: 8 July 2013
- MDL-39824 - Simplification of themes
- MDL-38434 - Functional tests added for the Chat activity
- MDL-39723 - Two unnecessary course queries were removed from most pages
- MDL-39790 - My Latest badges block appears on the course page
- MDL-40137 - Correct naming of functions in theme/clean/lib.php
A number of security related issues were resolved.
- MSA-13-0025 XSS vulnerability in YUI library
- MSA-13-0026 Personal information leak in IMS-LTI
- MSA-13-0027 Access issue in Chat module
- MSA-13-0028 Answer information revealed in Lesson activity
- MSA-13-0029 XSS risk in conditional activities
- MSA-13-0030 Information leak through RSS
- MSA-13-0031 Personal information leak in Feedback activity
Fixes and improvements
- MDL-39778 - Course deletion now functions with badges.
- MDL-40120 - Issue when recent PostgreSQL versions retrieve the number of records from course table fixed.
- MDL-39697 - Bootstrap layouts now have 'Maintenance' layout and related options.
- MDL-40065 - Bootstrap Theme only sends content to "side-pre" if necessary.
- MDL-40088 - Can now edit course settings if course is in a hidden category.
- MDL-39979 - Teachers no longer see errors when Show Activity Reports is set to yes.
- MDL-39363 - SCORM pass/fail status is set for a grade of 0.
- MDL-39227 - SCORM navigation panel is no longer hidden when a Bootstrap theme is active.
- MDL-39177 - Overwriting files always observes the "alias" attribute.
- MDL-33719 - When overwriting a copy of a file with an alias/shortcut of a file, the file thumbnail is refreshed.
- MDL-40289 - Badges capabilities now have correct risks, levels and archetypes. Note for sites which are upgrading from 2.5: See the section 'Upgrading from Moodle 2.5 to 2.5.1' in Upgrading for details of how to correctly set badge permissions for each role archetype.