Moodle 2.0.3 release notes
This content of this page has been updated and migrated to the new Moodle Developer Resources. The information contained on the page should no longer be seen up-to-date.
Release date: 5th May 2011
- MDL-9376 - Q and A forum editing time allows students to see other posts and modify their own
- MDL-4633 - The description field is now a required user profile field
- MDL-26697 - Multiple multimedia plugin filter fixes and improvements
- MDL-24724 - There is now a link to send messages on basic profile pages
User interface changes
- MDL-26388 - Duplicate files uploaded through the file picker are now handled
- MDL-26535 - New capability mod/workshop:viewauthorpublished for controlling visibility of workshop published submission authors
- MDL-25834 - Fixes to themes for IE
For details of resolved security issues, see http://moodle.org/security/.
- MDL-26803 - "Force password change" not happening
- MDL-25122 - Quiz review page does not check and enforce separate groups mode
- MDL-26621 - System user profile leaks email when maildisplay == 2
- MDL-26838 - Ability to fill a database with invalid records through ratings
- MDL-26854 - Ability to generate invalid records in the comments table in the database
Changes to APIs
- Multiple fixes to ratings
- Modules etc wanting to make use of ratings are now required to implement two callback functions, modname_rating_permissions() and modname_rating_validate(). Full details of the callbacks are available in the rating 2.0 documentation
- Comments API improvements
- Plugins intending to use comments are required to implement two callback functions: pluginname_comment_validate(), and pluginname_comment_permissions. Please read full details in Comments documentation.
Fixes and improvements
- MDL-26643 - Fixed blog visibility issue after update
- MDL-26768 - Grades from Lessons are now correctly set to null on non-attempt
- MDL-26798 - Fixes to Dropbox repository integration
- MDL-27116 - Fixed theme directory linking
- MDL-27246 - Able to checkout strings in the language customisation tool
- MDL-27251 - Added optional timeout estimation to file downloads based on file size as it can blocks upgrade
- MDL-27394 - Backup and restore might sometimes have scrambled the order of choices in question types.
A total of over 200 changes were made. See the full list of fixed issues in 2.0.3.