Moodle 2.0.3 release notes
Release date: 5th May 2011
- MDL-9376 - Q and A forum editing time allows students to see other posts and modify their own
- MDL-4633 - The description field is now a required user profile field
- MDL-26697 - Multiple multimedia plugin filter fixes and improvements
- MDL-24724 - There is now a link to send messages on basic profile pages
User interface changes
- MDL-26388 - Duplicate files uploaded through the file picker are now handled
- MDL-26535 - New capability mod/workshop:viewauthorpublished for controlling visibility of workshop published submission authors
- MDL-25834 - Fixes to themes for IE
For details of resolved security issues, see http://moodle.org/security/.
- MDL-26803 - "Force password change" not happening
- MDL-25122 - Quiz review page does not check and enforce separate groups mode
- MDL-26621 - System user profile leaks email when maildisplay == 2
- MDL-26838 - Ability to fill a database with invalid records through ratings
- MDL-26854 - Ability to generate invalid records in the comments table in the database
Changes to APIs
- Multiple fixes to ratings
- Modules etc wanting to make use of ratings are now required to implement two callback functions, modname_rating_permissions() and modname_rating_validate(). Full details of the callbacks are available in the rating 2.0 documentation
- Comments API improvements
- Plugins intending to use comments are required to implement two callback functions: pluginname_comment_validate(), and pluginname_comment_permissions. Please read full details in Comments documentation.
Fixes and improvements
- MDL-26643 - Fixed blog visibility issue after update
- MDL-26768 - Grades from Lessons are now correctly set to null on non-attempt
- MDL-26798 - Fixes to Dropbox repository integration
- MDL-27116 - Fixed theme directory linking
- MDL-27246 - Able to checkout strings in the language customisation tool
- MDL-27251 - Added optional timeout estimation to file downloads based on file size as it can blocks upgrade
- MDL-27394 - Backup and restore might sometimes have scrambled the order of choices in question types.
A total of over 200 changes were made. See the full list of fixed issues in 2.0.3.