Moodle 1.6.2 release notes
This content of this page has been updated and migrated to the new Moodle Developer Resources. The information contained on the page should no longer be seen up-to-date.
Release date: 12th September 2006
- Fixed handling of uploaded files in Database module
- Module instance id is now properly validated when creating course module object; developers should use get_coursemodule_from_id() to get valid $cm
- Default error reporting level was lowered to 5, E_WARNINGs are no longer displayed on production sites with debug off.
- Multiple problems leading to information leakage fixed in help.php file
- Fixed information leakage from scheduled backups
- Added basic detection of dataroot accessible from Internet, web installer now better suggests dataroot location outside of web file area
- Swf is now disabled by default in Mediaplugin
- forgot_password.php does not allow remote email or username enumeration by default, the old behavior can be enabled by setting protectusernames to No in site configuration
- Undisclosed SQL injections fixed by automatic data conversions in adodb layer
- Theoretical XSS problems fixed in doc/index.php and files/index.php scripts
- Access to tex and algebra files is blocked when filters are disabled
- Request for redirection in jumpto.php protected with sesskey
- Fixed error when upgrading forum read tracking
- Locales from language packs should finally work - please check your configuration variables and empty the locale field
- Added missing link for course request
- Fixed several glossary problems with non-ascii characters
- Fixed bug where you could not regrade a quiz question where the teacher had added a comment with a ' character.
- Quiz import of BlackBoard V6 files now much more reliable
- Fixed scheduled backups - they were broken in 1.6 and 1.6.1
- Fixed missing guest icons from course listing
- Database sessions respect sessiontimeout setting
- Fixed redirect problems during upgrade resulting in "Table xxx already exists"
- Lesson module: the "(Continue)" no longer displays for 3 seconds after branch tables.
- Lesson module: now properly checks import formats for support.
- Lesson module: feedback is set properly during the import process.
- and many other smaller fixes
- Authorize.net Payment Gateway: Auto configures credit card types if the merchant does not accept some types of credit cards
- Broken images in published question categories