The mission of the Moodle project (including Moodle HQ and all Moodle software) is:
Empowering educators to improve our world.
Our goals for the future are simple:
To give the world the most effective platform for learning.
These are the values that we encourage each other to uphold, for the good of the educators we serve and each other:
- Education is the foundation of making the world a better place. We, our teachers and our students all need to be always learning, and looking for ways to improve how we learn.
- We treat everyone with respect and sensitivity, recognising the importance of their contributions: team members, customers, partners, suppliers and competitors.
- We employ the highest ethical standards, demonstrating honesty and fairness in every action that we take.
- Our goals, our tools, our processes and our results shall be open as much as is practical. Our team members are encouraged to speak openly and communicate freely both internally and externally.
- We encourage a culture of experimentation and research, where entrepreneurship and prudent risk-taking are encouraged, rewarded and incorporated.