Migrating contrib code to 2.0
The goal of this page is to provide a checklist of tasks to be considered to upgrade CONTRIB code to Moodle 2.0. Several significant changes have taken place including the File API, DB Layer, Navigation, Output renderer, etc. It would be good if we had a list that contributors could follow to help move them toward being able to migrate the code. Any help in building up this list is greatly appreciated.
Please add useful links...
The 'requires' version in the plugin's version.php is checked to make sure it looks like Moodle 2.0. You should change this value to '2010112400' or later otherwise plugin installation will abort.
- Text formats 2.0 how user-entered content is handled.
- Migrating_your_code_to_the_2.0_rendering_API (n.b., some info outdated and may need updating)
Some details of how to re-design image CSS for plugin code are in the main themes documentation: Themes_2.0_creating_your_first_theme#Using_images_within_CSS
Be aware that themes are now cached on the server and so emptying your browser cache will not refresh the CSS. This can only be done by going to the site administration->appearance->themes->theme selector page and clicking the 'invalidate theme caches' button.
Backup and Restore
There are other coding changes such as:
- MDL-24063 which eliminates PARAM_CLEAN
- MDL-24058 about no longer using stripslashes or addslashes
- Upgrading blocks from Moodle 1.9 to Moodle 2.X: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=165086
Please feel free to add others that come to mind. CONTRIB maintainers should check their 2.0 versions for these and make sure that they are appropriately handled.
- Experience of converting a module to Moodle 2 by Sam Marshall (perhaps that documentation should better live here? --Frank Ralf 16:36, 15 November 2010 (UTC))
- Migrating to 2.0 checklist list of things to look out for when upgrading a plug-in
- Mike Churchward's "Converting M1.9 Plug-ins to M2"