IMS common cartridge Implementation plan
Moodle1.9 Moodle 2.0
This page contains information related to the process of development of the new IMS Common Cartridge support for both Moodle 1.9 and upcoming Moodle 2.0. It describes how the process has been split into some well identified milestones.
Moodle 1.9 implementation
- 1. Writing up complete WIKI documentation
- 2. Common Cartridge package detection and validation
- 3. Analysis of Moodle Activities and Resource types - Format analysis
- 4. Writing basic transformation script - only creates empty course with basic metadata.
- 5. Extending basic transformation script with support for discussion topics, QTI quizzes, web links and web content.
- 6. Reordering physical content and applying changes into generated manifest
- 7. Adding appropriate switch into experimental admin tab so that users can choose wheter to use this extension or not
- 8. Testing
Projected date for delivery is June 30th 2009
Will not be implemented for Moodle 1.9.
Moodle 2.0 implementation
- 1. Analyzing new restore system (currently under development)
- 2. Migrating 1.9 code to the new system
Projected date for delivery is to be determined.
- 1. Writing Common Cartridge library in PHP (CC library)
- 2. Analyzing new backup system (currently under development)
- 3. Writing appropriate hooks and code that will produce CC package using CC library
Projected date for finishing the common catrridge library is June 15th 2009
Projected date for delivery of all the other items is to be determined.