Backup 2.0 drop in ideas
|Warning: This page is no longer in use. The information contained on the page should NOT be seen as relevant or reliable.|
This page collects all the ideas collected/suggested by the Community, related to Backup 2.0 along the last months. They are distilled/discussed with detail in the requirements page in order to get a comprehensible list to be fulfilled in the development process. Here it's the original raw list (just numbered for easier reference):
- Enable Backup and restore of a Course and it's related meta courses IN ONE HIT to save on adminstration time.
- Support incremental backups & restore.
- Support 1-activity backup.
- Backup/restore one topic only (not just one activity) --Samuli Karevaara 21:29, 5 March 2009 (CST)
- Support anonymisation of personal data on backup.
- Separate process and progress. (Perhaps these classes I wrote can help)--Tim Hunt 19:41, 1 March 2009 (CST)
- XML format doesn't need to be radical different (IMO).
- Support restore of old (1.9 only?) backups.
- Hook in backup & restore to intercept & support other formats (BB, IMS-CC...)
- One code base both for manual and scheduled backup
- Scheduled restore
- Fix restore so that one can also select to restore course settings (they are currently backed up, but not restored in any restore function.)
- Fileless export/import (aka fix import function so that one can choose to import blocks, course settings, etc. in addition to resources/activities)
- Export/import over mnet
- Secure (don't handle non-allowed data, user matching on restore, salted passwords..)
- Safe (some sort of "rollback" on failure - requires to have everything annotated somewhere - backup_ids or so).
- file-less backups - if you have separate backups, import/export etc.
- Allow to backup one category of courses (at the same time, one zip per course). MDL-17187
- Allow to mark courses to be excluded from scheduled backup manually.
- Avoid anti-timeout output when not running from browser. MDL-17282
- Review related caps, cleaning them and adding missing bits, improving sec. consistency.
- Log all backups (both manual and scheduled). Improve logging in general.
- Separate each module's portion of XML into its own namespace.
- Use the namespaces to allow each module the option of validating it's XML content before processing.
- Roll dates: on restore or import, allow instructor to input a start date, and roll all assignment, quiz, etc. dates forward based on the new start date.
- Backup would need to be called when publish a course on the community hub (course template)
- Metadata... to be included in backup/restore... something like: Metadata
- Allow backup of roles with permissions, assigns and overrides. MDL-17081
Note: list items marked with ✔ have been analysed/added as development requirements.