Applying to work with Moodle for GSOC
Update: Moodle is no longer taking part in GSoC 2020. Apologies to all students who were considering applying to work with us.
Before submitting your application
- Create an account on moodle.org and browse the Moodle in English course.
- Download Moodle and install it on your local machine. Initially, you may like to try one of our all-in-one packages. Later you will want to create a clone of the Moodle using Git.
- Take a look at our Projects for new developers.
- Sign up for a Moodle tracker account.
- Browse our list of relatively easy Moodle bugs and suggest a fix for at least one of them. (Note that we don't always bother to classify bugs as easy/medium/hard, so you may also want to look at unclassified bugs.) It is not essential that your fix is integrated into Moodle.
Applications are made through the GSOC site.
Feel free to use the following template, though it's not compulsory.
- Other contact methods
What do you plan to do?
Also describe any work or research on this project you have already done.
Schedule of Deliverables
There is a calendar published on the GSoC site that defines periods applicable to GSoC projects. Your schedule should follow that format.
What are the milestones and deliverables for your project? You will be assessed against these. Tell us why you think this schedule is realistic.
Do you have any other commitments during this time? Provide dates, such as holidays, when you will not be available.
Note: We expect your project to be your primary focus during the project period. Please do not apply if you have other employment.
Open Source Development Experience
Do you have any experience of Open Source software development?
Moodle Tracker issue number(s) of bug(s) you have fixed with patches attached.
Note: We require you to suggest a fix for at least one Moodle bug before considering your project proposal.
Anything relevant to the project, or related to web design or software development.
What you're studying at university/college.
Tell us why you chose to apply to us.