Difference between revisions of "H5P activity"
(WIP updating this page as part of docs improvement project)
m (→How is it set up?)
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
==How is it set up?==
==How is it set up?==
#the editing turned on, ' activity .
# file file pickeryour H5P from the a file from the bank. you add the content as an alias, any will but if you add it as a copy. [[Working with files]]
Revision as of 15:04, 10 August 2020
What is an H5P activity?
The H5P activity enables H5P content created in the Content bank or on h5p.com to be easily added to a course.
How is it set up?
- Ensure that you first have an existing H5P activity to upload, or that you have created one in the Content bank.
- In a course, with the editing turned on, choose 'H5P' from the activity chooser.
- Give it a name and, if needed, a description.
- From Package file >file picker, add your H5P file from the Upload a file link or from the Content bank. Note: If you add the content as an alias, any modifications will be displayed here but if you add it as a copy, the modifed version will not display. For more information see Working with files
- Expand the other sections to select the settings you want, and then click Save and return to course.
There are 4 capabilities relating to the H5P activity:
Migrating activities from mod_hvp to mod_h5pactivity
The mod_hvp plugin (mod_hvp) is a third-party plugin created and maintained by Joubel. Since 3.9, a new H5P activity (mod_h5pactivity) has been developed and included in Moodle LMS core.
For migrating content from mod_hvp to mod_h5pactivity, a migration tool has been created. It can be downloaded and installed from https://moodle.org/plugins/tool_migratehvp2h5p. This tool will allow admins to choose the mod_hvp activities to migrate to mod_h5pactivity and what to do with the original activity once migrated (hide it, delete it or leave as it is). When using it, a new mod_h5pactivity will be created and the student results will be copied too.
The migration tool can be executed as a regular admin tool from the site administration menu or via terminal (CLI) in case the instance has a big number of mod_hvp to migrate. You can find more information on how to execute the migration tool in the plugin description
There are some limitations to consider before using the migration tool to copy activities from mod_hvp to mod_h5pactivity:
- Currently it's still not possible to save the current status with the mod_h5pactivity. The mod_hvp supports it (although it's disabled by default) so, before migrating the activities, consider students might loose these unfinished attempts.
- The new mod_h5pactivity hasn't any global settings to define the default behaviour so general settings defined in mod_hvp, such as the default display options or whether to use or not the hub, are not migrated.
- The new mod_h5pactivity doesn't support (at least for now), H5P styles (hvp_alter_styles): MDL-69087