H5P is an abbreviation for HTML5 Package. It enables educators to create content such as interactive videos, quizzes and presentations. H5P content can be created in the Content bank (new in 3.9), or on the h5p.com site, or with the LUMI app for desktop, and added to your course as an H5P activity (new in 3.9 onwards) or embedded into any other activity or resource.
Creating and editing H5P content
To create and edit H5P content,
- Go to the Content bank, accessible when in a course from the Navigation drawer (Boost theme) or from Site pages in the Navigation block (Classic theme).
- Click the Add button and select a content type.
For more information, see Content bank.
Adding an H5P activity to a course
See H5P activity for how to create an H5P activity in a course.
Embedding H5P into other activities
To embed H5P from the Content bank:
- Click the H5P button in Atto then click 'Browse repositories'.
- Browse the Content bank repository and select an H5P file.
- Choose to either make a copy of the file or create a shortcut.
- Click the button 'Select this file'.
- Click 'Insert H5P'.
Note: If you create a shortcut to the file, you can edit it in the Content bank and any activities with a link to the file will be updated.
For H5P content to display in other activities, the Display H5P filter must be enabled and the URL e.g. h5p.com should be listed as an allowed source in Site admin / Plugins / Filters / Display H5P.
Manage H5P content types
For teachers to upload and display H5P files in their courses, H5P content types and libraries must be available on the site. A scheduled task Download available H5P content types from h5p.org does this automatically (but check if it is enabled and has already run after first upgrading your site).
If it is not possible to use this scheduled task, then the Site administration page 'Manage H5P content types' allows you to upload necessary files.
(If the scheduled task is not run and files are not uploaded, teachers will receive an error message when attempting to upload H5P content.)
- Add embedded H5P - allowed for the default role of teacher
- Set H5P display options - allowed for the default role of teacher
- Manage H5P content types - allowed for the default role of manager only
- Deploy H5P content - allowed for the default roles of manager and teacher