Managing plagiarism prevention
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.8. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Managing plagiarism prevention.
Enabling plagiarism prevention
To make use of plagiarism prevention, the feature must be enabled by an administrator by checking the enable plagiarism plugins box in Administration > Site administration > Advanced features.
Plagiarism prevention plugins
An administrator then needs to install and configure one or more plagiarism prevention plugins in Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Plagiarism prevention > Plagiarism settings. Possible plugins include:
- Crot - Free open source tool. (works with MySQL only).
- Compilatio - Commercial tool requires subscription
- Moss - Free for non-commercial usage
- Programming - supports Moss and Jplag
- Turnitin - Commercial tool requires subscription
- URKUND - Commercial tool requires subscription