Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.7. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Merlot.org repository.
The Merlot.org repository enables users to copy files from Merlot into Moodle.
Enabling the Merlot.org repository (admin settings)
- Go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Repositories > Manage Repositories;
- Select from the drop down next to Merlot.org "Enabled and visible"
- Click on "Settings" and give it a customised name (not essential)
- Add your license key (which may be obtained from here  )
Using the Merlot.org repository
- With the editing turned on in your course, select Add a resource>URL
- Click "Choose link" next to the External URL box.
- The Merlot.org repository will be available as a link to search for content.
- Type in a search term or author and then click the Search button
- A selection of suggested resources will appear:
- Click the item you wish to display;choose a licence and click Select this file
- The resource will appear on your course page with the URL icon.
There is just one capability, View the Merlot repository, which is allowed for the default authenticated user role.