Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.4. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Assignment FAQ.
Note: This page is about new Assignment module in Moodle 2.3 onwards. For documentation on Assignments (2.2) FAQ, see Assignment FAQ in the 2.2 docs.
- 1 How can I find assignments which have not yet been graded?
- 2 Why can't I edit grades for assignment submissions?
- 3 How can a selected outcome be removed from an assignment?
- 4 Can students receive confirmation of submission via email?
- 5 Can I download all submitted assignments at once?
- 6 How can I export the rubric levels and criteria along with students' submissions?
- 7 Why do I not see the upload button when I switch my role to student to test out the assignment I made?
- 8 What happens if I restore a backup containing Assignment (2.2) activities?
- 9 See also
How can I find assignments which have not yet been graded?
To find ungraded submissions for a particular assignment, click on the assignment, then beneath the Grading Summary table, click the View/grade all submissions link. A table that includes a Grade column is displayed. Sort the table rows by clicking on the column title, in this case Grade. Assignment submissions will then be ordered according to their given grade, with ungraded submissions displayed at the top of the column.
Why can't I edit grades for assignment submissions?
If you edit assignment grades directly in the gradebook, an "overridden" flag is set, meaning that the grade can no longer be edited from the Grading summary page.
How can a selected outcome be removed from an assignment?
To remove previously selected outcomes (which appear greyed out on the update assignment page):
- Follow the Grades link from the Settings block in the course.
- On the Grader report page, select the Categories and items tab.
- Locate the assignment for which the outcome is to be removed. The outcome is listed directly below it.
- Click the delete icon opposite the outcome.
Can students receive confirmation of submission via email?
Moodle allows the sending of a notification to the student when a student submits an assignment. This feature provides reassurance to the students that they have correctly submitted their assignments, especially when using features like draft submissions and file uploads.
Students can also return to the relevant Assignment and see confirmation in the Assignment's Submission status page.
Can I download all submitted assignments at once?
Users with the required permissions (e.g. those with a Teacher role) can click on the assignment and from the Settings block on the Grading summary page, access the 'Download all Submissions' link under 'Assignment administration'.
How can I export the rubric levels and criteria along with students' submissions?
There is a tracker entry for this if you'd like to vote! MDL-32089
This feature is intended for teachers so that they can see how their course appears for students. It isn't a reliable view however, as some features do not display correctly when viewed by a teacher who has switched their role to a student. For that reason it is always preferable where possible to have a "test" student log in to use.
What happens if I restore a backup containing Assignment (2.2) activities?
If you have a site with Assignment (2.2) disabled/hidden, when somebody restores a backup with a Assignment (2.2) activity, it will show up in the restore process, saying it will be restored, but when the restore is finished, it won't be available. See MDL-33952 for a workaround and proposed solution for Moodle 2.3.1.
- Using Moodle Assignment module forum
Using Moodle forum discussions: