Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.3. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: mod/techproject/view/configuration.
Instance Configuration and Settings
The module has some configuration options that changes its overall behaviour. Configuration options are required when adding a new techproject instance to a course, or when using the "Change Project Settings" button.
- Project start date: The beggining of the time line. No Milestone can be set nor task can start before this date.
- Project end date: The end of the time line. No milestone can deadline nor task can end later this date.
- Assessment start date: Controls from when the local gradebook will be displayed within the project summary screen.
- Time unit: Defines the time line unit. Can be set in days, half-days, ou hours.
- Guest permissions:
- Guest allowed to see: Guests can access (see Groups and projects entry)
- Let guests to use (demo): A special permission, only for module demonstration. Should never be used on production site.
- Default workspace access: Allows guest to access default workspace.
- Allow deleting assigned elements: If enabled, users can delete assigned entries deleting relevant associations. If disabled, user must previously unbind associations prior to deleting elements.
- Editing permissions for students:
- Students can edit requirements:
- Students can edit specifications:
- Students can edit tasks:
- Students can edit milestones:
- Students can edit deliverables:
These five capabilities are now available through Moodle capabilities.
- Use criteria for assessment: When enabled, teachers will have access to the criteria management subpanel.
- Enable autograde: When enabled, the module calculates automatically a grade for the project, using four major computed indicators.
- Autograde weight: The teacher can weight the autograde regarding to other grades.
- Grade: Selects a scale for assessments, or a numeric scale
- Enable notifications: When enabled, the techproject module sends emails when an event or action is performed that is relvant for some users.
- Enable the CVS pilot: When enabled, activated the CVS driver panel.
- Group mode: Selects group strategy for that instance (see Groups and projects entry)
- Visible: As other activities, hides or shows the activity entry to students.