User talk:Helen Foster
- Chris, sorry I missed your comment before now. I guess I've answered it in Talk:Cron. --Helen Foster 19:45, 7 December 2011 (WST)
See note at the start of this page: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Filters_2.0
Could you rename the two pages in question?--David Smith 2 18:05, 7 December 2011 (WST)
- Done as requested. --Helen Foster 19:43, 7 December 2011 (WST)
Disappearing dev docs
Sorry to post this here but I don't really know who else to ask! When I view the dev docs without logging in, they are fine, but as soon as I log in I get a completely blank page and cannot do anything. Posted this on the forums http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=200984 but no-one has been able to help. It seems to me that I have separate accounts on the normal docs and the dev docs. Would it be possible to delete my dev docs account (username 'daveyboond') so I can start from scratch?
- Hi Steve, sorry to hear you're having problems logging in to the dev docs. It's weird that you can log in here, as all the docs wikis use your moodle.org username and password. Anyway I'll investigate things and post in your forum thread. --Helen Foster 04:37, 24 April 2012 (WST)
Reviving the Finnish documentation
Hi Helen, we've started planning process of updating the Finnish docs. I have one question: If we start by editing the all/fi pages, and later want to fork the docs for different versions, can it be done by just creating a ticket for the MDLSITE JIRA project? For example move all/fi/ to 23/fi and copy 23/fi to 24/fi? Or is this kind of support unavailable for versions other than the English docs? --Heikki Wilenius 22:13, 29 October 2012 (WST)
- Hi Heikki, if you decide later that you would like separate version wikis, you can certainly create an MDLSITE issue for it. Best wishes with the Finnish documentation. --Helen Foster 13:10, 30 October 2012 (WST)
- Excellent, thanks for the info! --Heikki Wilenius 16:35, 14 November 2012 (WST)
i just realized that a while ago, you deleted the documentation page for the Scheduler module (well, at least the main page, some detail pages still seem to exist at Category:Scheduler. I wonder what the reason was? Is contrib documentation generally being removed from Moodle Docs? --Henning Bostelmann 07:01, 5 September 2012 (WST)
- Hi Henning, I'm sorry to have not noticed your message before now. Regarding documentation being deleted, "as part of the 2011 docs wiki clean-up, documentation pages for older plugins (in the old modules and plugins database) were deleted from the newer version wikis. When a plugin developer updates their code, if the original documentation page was deleted it can be recreated in a newer version wikis." (copied from the recently created dev:Plugin documentation). As always plugin developers, maintainers and users are welcome to add documentation to Moodle Docs.
- Regarding documentation for the Scheduler module, you'll notice I've recreated https://docs.moodle.org/21/en/Scheduler_module and https://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Scheduler_module as I see in http://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_scheduler that the module is available for 2.1 and 2.2. if you let me know when the code is updated for 2.3, I'll be happy to recreate the 2.3 documentation page. --Helen Foster 20:45, 18 September 2012 (WST)
- Thanks Helen. A 2.3 version of the Scheduler module is now available; please undelete the page in 2.3 docs. --Henning Bostelmann 08:14, 29 October 2012 (WST)