User talk:Helen Foster
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.1. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Helen Foster.
- Chris, sorry I missed your comment before now. I guess I've answered it in Talk:Cron. --Helen Foster 19:45, 7 December 2011 (WST)
See note at the start of this page: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Filters_2.0
Could you rename the two pages in question?--David Smith 2 18:05, 7 December 2011 (WST)
- Done as requested. --Helen Foster 19:43, 7 December 2011 (WST)
Disappearing dev docs
Sorry to post this here but I don't really know who else to ask! When I view the dev docs without logging in, they are fine, but as soon as I log in I get a completely blank page and cannot do anything. Posted this on the forums http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=200984 but no-one has been able to help. It seems to me that I have separate accounts on the normal docs and the dev docs. Would it be possible to delete my dev docs account (username 'daveyboond') so I can start from scratch?
- Hi Steve, sorry to hear you're having problems logging in to the dev docs. It's weird that you can log in here, as all the docs wikis use your moodle.org username and password. Anyway I'll investigate things and post in your forum thread. --Helen Foster 04:37, 24 April 2012 (WST)
Reviving the Finnish documentation
Hi Helen, we've started planning process of updating the Finnish docs. I have one question: If we start by editing the all/fi pages, and later want to fork the docs for different versions, can it be done by just creating a ticket for the MDLSITE JIRA project? For example move all/fi/ to 23/fi and copy 23/fi to 24/fi? Or is this kind of support unavailable for versions other than the English docs? --Heikki Wilenius 22:13, 29 October 2012 (WST)
- Hi Heikki, if you decide later that you would like separate version wikis, you can certainly create an MDLSITE issue for it. Best wishes with the Finnish documentation. --Helen Foster 13:10, 30 October 2012 (WST)
i just realized that a while ago, you deleted the documentation page for the Scheduler module (well, at least the main page, some detail pages still seem to exist at Category:Scheduler. I wonder what the reason was? Is contrib documentation generally being removed from Moodle Docs? --Henning Bostelmann 07:01, 5 September 2012 (WST)
- Hi Henning, I'm sorry to have not noticed your message before now. Regarding documentation being deleted, "as part of the 2011 docs wiki clean-up, documentation pages for older plugins (in the old modules and plugins database) were deleted from the newer version wikis. When a plugin developer updates their code, if the original documentation page was deleted it can be recreated in a newer version wikis." (copied from the recently created dev:Plugin documentation). As always plugin developers, maintainers and users are welcome to add documentation to Moodle Docs.
- Regarding documentation for the Scheduler module, you'll notice I've recreated https://docs.moodle.org/21/en/Scheduler_module and https://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Scheduler_module as I see in http://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_scheduler that the module is available for 2.1 and 2.2. if you let me know when the code is updated for 2.3, I'll be happy to recreate the 2.3 documentation page. --Helen Foster 20:45, 18 September 2012 (WST)
- Thanks Helen. A 2.3 version of the Scheduler module is now available; please undelete the page in 2.3 docs. --Henning Bostelmann 08:14, 29 October 2012 (WST)
The documentation located here https://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Assignment_settings#Always_show_description does not seem to be accurate. It reads in part:
"This setting is used in conjunction with the Allow submissions from setting. If it is set to Yes, the assignment Description will become visible to students at the Allow submissions from date. If it is set to No, ..."
BUT, if this setting is enabled, then the Description will be visible to students even prior to the "Allow submissions from" date. So the above is not correct.
Another issue is that there are actually no "Yes" and "No" options with this setting; it's a checkbox.
I'm not at all sure where to post this comment. I tried the Talk page for the Assignment settings page but it was deleted. Thanks! :)
- Hi Scott, thanks for pointing out a mistake in the documentation, which I have just fixed (in the 2.6 and 2.7 docs). If you spot any more mistakes, feel free to fix them yourself. :-) I moved your comment to https://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Talk:Assignment_settings. (The talk page was previously deleted because someone had used it as a test page.) --Helen Foster (talk) 21:48, 16 May 2014 (WST)
I've noticed that in the Moodle documentation on Google Apps Integration, you've deleted the entries for all Moodle versions after 2.4. Does this mean it no longer works for these versions? Is there some way of getting it working on 2.7?
- Hi Kevin, sorry I don't know how to get the Google apps integration working on 2.7. Unfortunately it's no longer maintained and there is no Moodle plugins directory entry for it, hence the deleted documentation pages. If you've not done so already, how about posting in a forum on moodle.org about it? --Helen Foster (talk) 22:42, 24 June 2014 (WST)
re: Improved Payment Plugin that was deprecated
I was visiting this page https://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Improved_Payment_Plugin and found that it's no longer supported.
I was very keen on this plugin and was hoping if you could guide me as to it's availability or any other plugin(s) that would do the similar tasks as far as features are concerned.
My main requirement (if you could otherwise help/guide) is that I wish to break down the course units and sub-units and then have a few units (or sub-units) as paid while others as free to join or learn. Something very similar to the way Lynda.com structures.
Thanks and regards,