User talk:Helen Foster
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.2. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Helen Foster.
- Chris, sorry I missed your comment before now. I guess I've answered it in Talk:Cron. --Helen Foster 19:45, 7 December 2011 (WST)
See note at the start of this page: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Filters_2.0
Could you rename the two pages in question?--David Smith 2 18:05, 7 December 2011 (WST)
- Done as requested. --Helen Foster 19:43, 7 December 2011 (WST)
Disappearing dev docs
Sorry to post this here but I don't really know who else to ask! When I view the dev docs without logging in, they are fine, but as soon as I log in I get a completely blank page and cannot do anything. Posted this on the forums http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=200984 but no-one has been able to help. It seems to me that I have separate accounts on the normal docs and the dev docs. Would it be possible to delete my dev docs account (username 'daveyboond') so I can start from scratch?
- Hi Steve, sorry to hear you're having problems logging in to the dev docs. It's weird that you can log in here, as all the docs wikis use your moodle.org username and password. Anyway I'll investigate things and post in your forum thread. --Helen Foster 04:37, 24 April 2012 (WST)
Reviving the Finnish documentation
Hi Helen, we had a meeting of Finnish Moodle users recently, and we discussed pooling our resources in documenting Moodle in Finnish. For that purpose, we'd like to use docs.moodle.org if possible. At the moment, the Finnish wiki pages redirect to the English documentation (when clicking the links at the theme footer). Would it be possible to reactivate the Finnish wiki pages, so that we could start editing them? --Heikki Wilenius 15:46, 24 April 2012 (WST)
- Hi Heikki, thanks for offering to work on Moodle Docs in Finnish. https://docs.moodle.org/archive/fi/ can certainly be un-archived, though we'd need at least one person willing to take on the role of wiki administrator (with the ability to block spammers and delete pages etc). Would you like this role? --Helen Foster 21:34, 26 April 2012 (WST)
- Hi, yeah, sure. Can I add others as administrators too? Or should they request the rights from you? The admin responsibilities probably shouldn't rest solely on my shoulders. --Heikki Wilenius 14:55, 7 May 2012 (WST)
- Great, I'll let the Finnish Moodle community know once the tracker task is closed. Thanks! --Heikki Wilenius 20:23, 9 May 2012 (WST)
Common Module Settings > ID Number
I'm looking for a way to link an assignment in Moodle to an assignment in Infinite Campus, so we can use a back-end tool to push grades given to Moodle assignments into IC. IC has a field in the Assignment Editor called "Abbreviation" that would work to link assignments to the Common Module Settings > ID Number field.
I found obsolete documentation that seems to indicate that was one use for this field in the past ("The ID number may be used in 3rd party integr..."), but I wanted to verify that because this idea is not stated in the current Common Module Settings documentation.
This is the obsolete documentation: https://docs.moodle.org/22/en/ID_number (content was: "ID number can be found in the Common module settings area of many activity modules. It can be used in Gradebook an unique id that is easier to type than the activity name. The ID number may be used in 3rd party integr...")
This is the current documentation for V2.2: https://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Common_module_settings
If this field is no longer useful for integrating to 3rd party applications, any other suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your time! Rieland Rigg (pronounced REE-land) Adams12 Five Star Schools Thornton, CO