Use Stats Block
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.2. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Use Stats Block.
This block allows displaying use stats for the current user.
Use stats are given as an answer to the "how many time I spent on this Moodle". This may be usefull in situation where work time should be known to estimate average personnal productivity and enhancing its own process.
In other situations could it be used as an objetive proof of real work in some extreme and conflictual situations we hope they never occur.
This block samples the user's log records and thresholds the activity backtrace. The main hypothesis is that any activity type unless offline activity or in-classroom activity may underlie a constant loggin track generation.
The block compiles all log events and summarizes all intervals larger than an adjustable threshold. Compilation are also made on a course basis.
The more Moodle is used as a daily content editing tool, the more accurate should be this report.
As the use stats module scans logs for compiling a real use time, the results might be affected by the log cleanup policy. Do not expect keeping more use time tracking results further than the log conservation period setup in central settings.
- block_use_stats_fromwhen : the default setting for the compilation range. Used at first time the block is displayed.
- block_use_stats_threshold : the threshold applied on log gap to determine if the time gap is within continuous session or not. All time ranges over the threshold will be ignored. The gap corresponds to two
immediately consequent writes from the same user in the Moodle log.
- block_use_stats_capturemodules : stats can be compiled ignoring some activities or some functional sections of Moodle. You may declare the list of log tags that will be measured in Moodle. For a more accurate calculation, you may add the "course" section to the list, that is not handled in the default setting.
- block_use_stats_ignoremodules : stats can be compiled ignoring some activities or some functional sections of Moodle. You may declare the list of log tags that will be ignored in Moodle. You will leave the previous setting empty to start with all sections.
- Block heading : You may change the visible heading of the block.
- block/use_stats:read : General capability to allow viewing some information from this block.
- block/use_stats:config : General capability to allow configuring the log range.
- block/use_stats:seesitedetails : Allows power users to see detailed results from anyone.
- block/use_stats:seecoursedetails : Allows power users to see detailed results from other users then themselves in the course they are enrolled in.
- block/use_stats:seegroupdetails : Allows power users to see detailed results from other users then themselves from the groups they are member of.
- block/use_stats:seeowndetails : usually applyed to students when they are allowed to consult their time report. Gives access to the activity/resource detailed time sheet.
Use Stats dependant follow ups
You may use Use Stats and the Training Session Report from Moodle 2.2 version up. Training Session Report aggregates all results in a "pedagogic view" of the course and allows mass export of training session trackings in Excel documents.
Reference, information, development and support