Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.2. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Book module.
Note: The book module is available as a standard plugin in Moodle 2.3 onwards.
The Book module makes it easy to create multi-page resources with a book-like format. It has been developed and maintained by Petr Škoda.
Previously created websites can be imported directly into the Book module. Books can be printed entirely or by chapter.
The book module allows you to have main chapters and sub chapters, but it goes no deeper. In other words, sub chapters cannot have their own sub chapters, as the module is intended to be a simple resource for teachers and students.
- Book FAQ
- Book module entry in the Moodle plugins directory, including download link
- Using Moodle Book module forum
- Examples: The manuals at tokem.fi are a series of book modules. Each book is designed for a different level of Moodle user.
- Using Moodle Using a Lesson to simulate a Book forum discussion
- Procedure for setting up a Book pdf from Frances Hill