Adding resources and activities
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Adding resources and activities.
Note for Contributors: This page should explain the general procedure of adding resources and activities to a course
Moodle supports a range of different resource types that allow you to insert almost any kind of web content into your courses.
To add a resource or an activity to the course:
- log in to your Moodle site
- go to the desired course
- ensure editing is turned on
- go to the topic / week where you would like the new resource or activity to be placed
- select either the 'Add a resource...' or 'Add an activity...' menu
- select the appropriate option from the pull down list
See Add Activity To Course for screenshots.
Resource Options Example
The Resources pull down menu is the way to select different types of resources.
Activity Options Example
The activity pulldown menu in the course topic/week section. See also the Activities block page.