- Select the export tab.
- Select the output type required for the exported file.
- Use the pulldown menu to select the question category you want to export
- Check if you want the category name to exported and/or the context to be included. This only applies to some formats and is used to restore this information on import.
- Click on the export questions to file button
- The exported questions will be listed to the screen for confirmation.
- You are invited to download the file to your computer.
- The file has been saved in your course files (course admin block), backup>quiz.
Example uses of exported files
- GIFT and Moodle XML formats can be imported into the Lesson module And Question bank via an import question process.
- Exported question files on one server, can be imported into another Moodle site/server
- GIFT and Moodle XML formats can be tweaked to create word processing or spreadsheet documents suitable for paper tests or vetting.
- In case you want to convert your Moodle XML file into text format upload XML to http://moodle.heroku.com. It automatically generates *.txt with your questions
- Moodle XML Converter to generate in and from XML.
- Website for converting Moodle Questions into tables in a Microsoft Word file, and vice versa.