Editing glossary categories
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Editing glossary categories.
Categories may be created to help organize your glossary entries. If you've enabled autolinking, the category names can be linked along with individual entries.
To create a glossary category:
- Click the "Browse by category" tab in the main page of the glossary.
- Click the "Edit categories" button on the left side of the page.
- Click the "Add category" button on the resulting Categories page.
- Give the category a name.
- Choose whether you want the category name autolinked as well.
- Click the "Save changes" button.
If you autolink the category name, any occurrence of those words will be linked. When a student clicks on the link, they will be taken to the "Browse by category" page of the glossary.