|Warning: This page is no longer in use. The information contained on the page should NOT be seen as relevant or reliable.|
The goal for this pages is to have a real roadmap for the migration of Moodle to UTF-8. This includes both language packages and DB contents. Every step in the roadmap must be documented to explain all the alternatives and potential problems we find and their solutions.
Moodle migration to UTF-8 - General roadmap and detailed implementation plan
- Justification and preliminary work - Why we must start the migration to an UTF-8 environment and how we are going to organise the whole thing.
- Gathering detailed information - How we can obtain detailed information from moodlers around the world and how to use it.
- Moving language files - How to do the work with current lang files, new structures and strings, downloads...
- Converting the DB - The long process of converting all the structures and contents inside Moodle DB to UTF-8.
- Recoding PHP scripts - Functionalities and scripts to modify in order to work under UTF-8.
- Problems - Outline big problems during db migration, and possible solutions.
- contrib - A simple outline of what needs to be done to make a module work with the migration.