|Warning: This page is no longer in use. The information contained on the page should NOT be seen as relevant or reliable.|
Justification and preliminary work
In this pages we'll see an introduction to the problem, the proposed solution, how Moodle is working today and how the solution is going to be applied.
- Characters, charsets and encodings - A brief introduction to the problem to make people understand it.
- Unicode - Using a common encoding seems to be the solution. Some characteristics and notes of this universal encoding.
- Current situation - Moodle actually supports different character encodings. How they are handled. Pros and cons.
- The solution - How existing problems are going to be solved. A general Roadmap to the migration to UTF-8.
- UFT-8 initial steps - Searching and building a central library to handle text under Moodle. Requirements and Technical Details.