This page is a starting point for Moodle theme developers.
Moodle has a powerful themes system that allows for a variety of effects through the use of XHTML and CSS.
- Themes overview
- Creating a theme - A quick step by step guide to creating your first theme.
- Cloning a theme
- Using images in a theme - How to use and override images within your theme.
- Creating a theme settings page - Looks at how to add a setting page making your theme easily customisable.
- Extending the theme custom menu - Customising the custom menu.
- Overriding a renderer - A tutorial on creating a custom renderer and changing the HTML Moodle produces.
- Theme checklist - Things that you might miss when you think you have finished your theme.
- Clean theme (new in 2.5) - How to copy and customise the Clean theme to create your own theme.
- How to add a 'Watermark' as a background image to your theme.
- List of all themes-related developer documentation
- Install a New Theme MoodleBites video on YouTube