Can tenant and non-tenant structures co-exist in the same site ? In other words, is the graphic possible in the same site?
I'd require tenants support to be something specified at install time and never, never allow to change it for a given site. --Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) 20:54, 8 September 2011 (WST)
- Yes, of course. The global users would need special capability in order to switch to different tenant. Tenant users could not switch to anything else. Petr Škoda (škoďák)
- But categories/front page... can exist both under system and under tenant or only one of them can happen in the same site? --Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) 21:09, 8 September 2011 (WST)
- the UI would switch the current tenant - for each tenant there would be separate frontpage record/context and separate tree of categories. Petr Škoda (škoďák)
- Just to clarify, based on Petr's first reply above, can we add a new FAQ just after "Can my tenant users participate in the standard global Moodle site?"
- Can global users participate in a tenant Moodle site?
- Yes, users with permissions moodl/site:accessalltenants can use a new 'Switch tenant' option in the UI to access tenant sites. For example a global Manager can switch into one of the tenant sites, to help with administration there.
- I am not sure if the capability check will be necesary.--Tim Hunt 16:19, 10 September 2011 (WST)
I can see the use cases and (usability) benefits to have the ability to easily shift/copy users - sort of like an internal MNet. This is common in the corporate space where the idea of "domains" or "audiences" is similar to the multi-tenanting concept. Do you see that as a Phase II or simply not within the conceptual model? Richard Wyles (richardwyles) 11 September 2011