Talk:Automatic updates deployment
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS TALK PAGE ANY MORE - DISCUSS THIS AT THE NEW FEATURES FORUM
On the 'updating itself' point, I think that Moodle has some complexities that Wordpress can neatly avoid by having all its plugins in the /wp-content/ directory. I've not looked/thought about this in great detail, so apologies if i'm totally wrong, but I think:
- Our plugin files are littered all across the file system..
- And so, are there any 'safe directories' which can be removed/replaced completely?
- If we don't replace directories, then I guess we need to keep track of deleted files between releases?
- How do we tell if a file is a plugin/deleted file/customisation?
- Maybe we need to put limitations on how can use this to deal with that problem?
--Dan Poltawski 16:08, 6 September 2012 (WST)