This page explains the files involved in displaying a SCORM package - it is mainly useful for developers.
The names of files in the images below are a slightly out of date compared to 2.0, however the concept is still the same.
How player works
Insert and update an activity
View an activity
SCORM Database Tables
In Moodle 2.5.x, there are 11 database tables that are related to SCORM:
- mdl_scorm: Include id, course, name, scormtype, reference, intro, introformat, version, maxgrade, grademethod, etc.
- mdl_scorm_aicc_session: This is a new table that did not exist in Moodle 2.0.x. Include id, userid, scormid, hacpsession, scoid, scormmode, scormstatus, attempt, lessonstatus, sessiontime, timecreated, timemodified.
- mdl_scorm_scoes: has id, scorm, manifest, organization, parent, identifier, launch, etc.
- mdl_scorm_scoes_data: has id, scoid, name, and value. That's it.
- mdl_scorm_scoes_track: has id, userid, scormid, scoid, attempt, element, value, timemodified.
==> For most developers you probably would be interested in this table.