LDAP development setup
This is a dump of notes how I have OpenLDAP installed on my dev Linux machine and integrated with Moodle dev installations.
LDAP server (slapd)
- Default installation with the (legacy) flat slapd.conf file
- Added cosine and inetorgperson schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema include /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema include /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
- Make sure to have suffix, rootdn and rootpw set and noted
- Users created as inetOrgPerson class objects
dn: uid=s1,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: inetOrgPerson objectClass: organizationalPerson objectClass: person objectClass: top cn: Student sn: One mail: email@example.com uid: s1 userPassword:: dGVzdA==
- Example of storing the enrolment information
dn: cn=Math101,ou=StudentEnrollment,dc=glux objectClass: groupOfNames objectClass: top cn: Math101 member: uid=s1,ou=Users,dc=glux member: uid=s2,ou=Users,dc=glux member: uid=s3,ou=Users,dc=glux
I found Apache Directory Studio pretty nice and useful.
Moodle LDAP authentication setup
Note the plain text password should not be used anywhere but in development/testing environments.
|LDAP server setting||Value|
|Password format||Plain text|
ID number mapping is used for LDAP enrolment.