Nota: Pendiente de Traducir. ¡Anímese a traducir esta página!. ( y otras páginas pendientes)
Location: Administration > Modules > Blocks > Sticky blocks
- or Administration > Appearance > Sticky blocks (in 1.8)
A sticky block is a block set on the site level which can force the block to appear on all course pages and/or on users' Mi Moodle pages. In Moodle 2.0 onwards, sticky blocks may be added to almost any page in Moodle.
Sticky blocks set-up
To configure sticky blocks:
- Open the site administration block Modules > Blocks > Sticky blocks (Administration > Appearance > Sticky blocks in 1.8).
- Choose whether to configure My Moodle or course pages.
- Please note that you can add a sticky block to either My Moodle or course pages or to both.
- Select the required blocks from the "Add a block" dropdown menu. Configure each block as desired.
- Reposition blocks using the arrow icons in the block headers.
Sticky blocks in Moodle 2.0
Sticky blocks may be added to My home in Moodle 2.0 via Site administration > Appearance > Default My Moodle page.
To add a sticky block to a course page:
- Add the block to the front page.
- In the block settings set 'Page contexts' to 'Display throughout entire site'.
- Browse to any course (other than the front page course) and then in the block settings change 'Restrict to these page types' to 'course-* (Any course page)'.
Tips and tricks
- Sticky blocks may be used for site-wide messages.
- Sticky blocks may be used for small applications.
- If you add a block which is already present in a particular course page or My Moodle page then it will result in a duplicate block.
- Course pages contain a number of blocks by default.
Tracker, current work in March 2010: User friendly block settings and help information
- Diseño de bloque contains information on how to set up default blocks for new courses without making them sticky (non-movable).