An administrator can configure update notifications for both Moodle core code and any contributed plugins installed on the site in Settings > Site Administration > Server > Update notifications. See Available update notifications for more details.
Login failure notifications
An administrator can set up login failure notification in Settings > Site Administration > Security > Notifications.
Display login failures to
Set this to administrators to be warned of anyone attempting to steal student or teacher logins. When set, a link stating the number of failed logins appears in the top right corner of the page when an administrator logs in. Click the link to access the login error page.
Email login failures
If you're concerned about login failures, you can set up email notification for administrators or any/all users who can change the site configuration.
Threshold for email notifications
This sets the number of failed logins for a given user from a single computer that will trigger notification.
Note: The number of failed login attempts that result in account lockout may be set in Administration > Site administration > Security > Site policies.
The version of Moodle used may be found in Site administration > Notifications.
Other notifications listed on the page may include
- "Alpha" development code warning
- Cron not run for at least 24 hours
- Database tables are using MyISAM database engine - see Migration from MyISAM to InnoDB for advice on what to do
- "Enabling the PHP setting display_errors is not recommended on production sites because some error messages may reveal sensitive information about your server." What you do about this is not explained. Making a php.ini file with "display_errors = off;" in it in the folder "with the script" (?) is one suggestion found by googling, but that may depend on your server.
- Site not yet registered
How to remove "New sign in to your account" notification
New since Moodle 4.0, this can be removed sitewide from Site administration > Messaging> Notification settings, or disabled by individual users by clicking their Notifications icon > Notification settings cog icon and then disabling New login notifications.
- Notifications for all users