The module Registration is a Moodle activity add-on for registration of students for examination or other dates at institutions that have not central registration system.
Basic functionality of the module
- Administrator can set the maximum number of students from a list in the module configuration page.
- Teachers can create some examination dates. They define date, time, and place of the examination and the last date for submission. Furthermore, they define maximum number of students and maximum number of points.
- Actual number of points can be entered and lists with points with our without student names can be viewed/printed. The list without names uses student IDs if defined. If not, names are still used.
- If the maximum number of points is zero (no grade) grade columns are not displayed (this is default setting).
- Teacher can register/unregister students directly and anytime - even after the deadline.
- List of all students with their respective registrations.
- Each student can registered/unregistered only himself/herself. For other students at the same date, only IDs are seen, or names if an ID is not set. This can be customized by setting rights to respective roles.
- If the date is fully occupied, students can sign in to queue and wait if there will be someone that signs out. In that case, the first in the queue will be notified by mail.
- Each student can be registered only on one date within one week/topic.
- After examination, each student can see only his/her total evaluation based on the results of examination.
- Registration list shows total number of students registered for all dates, for students also their booked dates.
If a teacher wants to register a student enrolled to course to an examination, he/she uses the Search button(First name or Surname). A small tip: use percent (%) to show all who are not yet registered. A list of students appears and one of them can be selected. Use the Sign in button afterwards.
To install and use, unzip the zip file to directory mod within your Moodle root directory.
Moodle 1.8+: leave all language files at original locations.
Moodle 1.6-1.7: copy the file registration/lang/en_utf8/registration.php into your moodledata/lang/en_utf8/ directory.
Moodle 1.5: copy registration/lang/en/registration.php to moodle/lang/en/ directory.
Afterwards, visit your admin screen to finish installation.
The registration mod has been designed and built with the contributions of the following people:
- Lubos Cirka - Slovak Technical University in Bratislava > development
- Miroslav Fikar - Slovak Technical University in Bratislava > design concept
- Richard Haywood > multiple registrations in one session
- Pascal Maury > reset-functions
- Marc-Robin Wendt - Technical University Berlin > development
- Upgrade to UTF8 does not work
- start/end dates
- multiple waiting lists
- XLS export
- selection of groups or students who can register
- display grades at course grades