Formerly a feature of Moodle Workplace TM, the Report builder feature allows administrators to create and share custom reports. This page is about the custom reports feature in Moodle LMS. For the Workplace version see Report builder
Custom reports are accessed from Site administration > Reports > Report builder > Custom reports.
Create a report
Note the tabs at the top: Edit, Audience, Schedules and Access:
- Click New report , give it a name and select your source - whether you want to report on courses, a cohort or specified users.
- Click Save. Depending on your source, you will be presented with columns relevant to the data you want. For example, clicking 'courses' will then show categories, course short and full names and ID number.
- Remove any columns you don't want and add columns which you do want.
- Note the options for Conditions, Filters, Sorting and Card view on the right.
- Preview your report by clicking the Preview button top right.
Give access to reports
From Audience you can select a system role, cohort or manually selected users by clicking the + against who you want and then saving your choice.
You can check the actual users from the Access tab. If you have chosen the system role of Manager, then the Access tab will show you the names of any Managers you have on your site.
How to access reports
Users who have been given access to custom reports and who have the capability moodle/reportbuilder:view can view them from the arrow top right next to their user profile image and clicking the link Reports.
Once you have created a report and decided who has access, you can schedule it from the Schedules tab. The recipients will receive the report via email.
- Click New schedule;
- Give it a name and choose its format ( .csv by default);
- Decide when the report will first be sent out and how often to send it.
- The audience will already be selected if you have defined your audience.
- If desired, you can add a message to the recipients.
- In Advanced, decide what to do if there is nothing to report.