Office 365 Repository
The Office 365 repository allows users using the Office 365 integration plugins to connect to various file stores within Office 365, including their personal OneDrive for Business, as a Moodle repository.
- When using a filepicker anywhere in Moodle, you'll see a list of repositories on the left side of the popup. Look for and click on "Office 365".
- If you are a regular user within Moodle, you will see one folder: OneDrive. If the SharePoint connection is active and you are a teacher in at least one Moodle course, you will see two folders - OneDrive and SharePoint (Courses). Click the folder for the document library you want to access.
- OneDrive contains all documents in your personal OneDrive for Business
- SharePoint (Courses) will list all Moodle course shared document libraries that you have access to. If you want to download files from one of these, you'll click "SharePoint (Courses)", then click the folder for the course you want to access.
- fig:Office 365 repository
- You will now see a list of all the files and folders in your OneDrive.
- Click the file you want to download into Moodle.
- Choose to "Make a copy of the file", or "Create an alias/shortcut to the file."
- If you want to download a copy of the file as it is now, choose "Make a cope of the file". This will copy the file into Moodle, and will then use the local Moodle copy when the file is accessed from within Moodle. Any changes to the file in OneDrive will not be seen in Moodle.
- If you want to link a file choose "Create an alias/shortcut to the file". This will create a link in Moodle to the file in OneDrive, and the file will be accessed from OneDrive directly. Any changes to the file in OneDrive will be seen when accessing the file from Moodle.
- You can change other file information like the filename or author name using the respective text fields. This information is only applicable to the Moodle side of the file, and will not transfer to OneDrive.
- Click "Select this file".
You can upload files into both your personal OneDrive for Business document library and a course SharePoint document library from the filepicker interface.
- When accessing a OneDrive document library from a file picker, you will see an "Upload New File" item in the list of files and folders.
- Click the "Upload new file" item.
- Choose the file you want to upload and click "Upload this file".
- The file will be uploaded to OneDrive and selected for the file picker.
Embedding Office documents
This repository allows users to embed Office documents from OneDrive into a course and have the live version viewable using Office web apps.
- Start as a user connected to Office 365 and who has access to modify a course.
- Turn on editing for the course and choose "Add an activity or resource" for the section of the course you want to add the document.
- Choose the "File" resource to add to the course.
- In the "Content" section of the file resource settings page, click the "Add" button in the filepicker
- Choose the "OneDrive for Business" repository and choose your Office document.
- When you select a file, make sure "Create an alias/shortcut to the file" is selected, the click "Select this file"
- Expand the "Appearance" section, and choose "Embed" for the "Display" select box.
- Click "Save and display"
- You should see the file embedded into the page.