(Redirected from mod/data/view)
What is the Database activity?
The Database activity allows the teacher and/or students to build, display and search a bank of record entries about any conceivable topic. The format and structure of these entries can be almost unlimited, including images, files, URLs, numbers and text amongst other things.
How is it set up?
- In a course, with the editing turned on, choose 'Database' from the activity chooser.
- Give it a name and, if needed, a description.
- Expand the other sections to define the settings you want, in particular the Entries section.
- Click Save and Display
- Create a new field from the dropdown, repeating as necessary, or click the link choose a defined set to import an existing preset.
- Click the Templates tab to edit and save templates. For more help, see Database templates
How does it work?
Students click on the Database icon in the course to access it and add an entry.
They can usually see entries individually (View single) and in a list (List view) and are able to search entries.
Teachers additionally see the set up tabs and can edit,delete, approve/unapprove entries as required.