The flashcard module allows editing and playing flashcards. Flashcards are a "memory training" device that uses the concept of repetition. Checking a flashcard deck will present the student the couples of relationships to be memorized. More often the associations are reviewed, deeper the memorization will be engraved into our memorial circuits.
The flashcard module has been useful for formative assessment of anatomy, histology and pathology concepts, definitions and images in the teaching of human and veterinary medicine at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Getting cards from a "matching question"
- Editing cards
- Multimedia cards: text, image, sound and image + sound together
- Automated backpropagation of cards (can be disabled)
- Customizable decks
Adding new cards
- Add new "Flash Card Set" into the course
- Enter required field "Name" and click "Save and display" button
- Click "Edit the cards" tabs - you will be brought to screen like below
- Click "Add three new questions" button
- Add text for questions and answers
- Click "Update" button
- The flashcards module and dialog cards for H5P - Free interactive HTML5 flashcards. Create a set of stylish and intuitive flashcards that have images paired with questions and answers. Use this content type with H5P in publishing systems like Moodle.
- Flash card presentation in the Lesson module is an alternative to this module.
- original documentation in English